Get something out of this season: Play Jake NOW

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He was, not anymore

When I agreed he was the real Matty Ice I was going off the idea of "what have you done", and in that case he's done a lot more than Matt Ryan.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

First of all, it's unfair to call Jake "injury prone" after one injury in the pros. It happens. He actually did it trying to make a tackle when other QBs would have just let someone else try to make it. The play should have been blown dead by the replacement official but it wasn't. So we can also blame the replacement officials. On the hit against Houston where he went out, someone missed a block, because that defender came free and nobody even chipped him. I think it may have been Cook.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If hasselbeck were starting from week 1 like he should have been, this whole situation would not have existed. We'd be in the same situation we are now, just plus one "QB of the future."

4. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Cook actually made the right read for once. He saw the blitz and ran a perfect hot route, he even had to wait for Locker to throw him the ball. The hit vs the Texans was mostly Locker's fault

5. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Brutal schedule? We came in with one of the easiest schedules in the league. And it was set up with our 4 hard games upfront, after that we had a chance to win the majority of the rest.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Agree. There's no such thing as a hard schedule if you're in the AFC South. The only not scrub team is the Texans.

No matter which team you are, in the AFCS, you have to face 2 bad teams twice this season. If you're the Texans, you get to face 3 bad teams in your own division. If all goes as it should, that's 6 wins built in.

The texans were built to win this division this year, and it sucks that nobody else will even be in the race.

7. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Yea, and the thing is that even when I looked at the schedule in the off-season, I looked at this:
    Jags x2
    Colts x2
    Lions
    Vikings
    Steelers
    Bears
    Phins
    Jets

I looked at those as the winnable games to get us to 10-6 ... even in my optiistic and ideal thoughts, I thought we finish 10-6 and swept by the Texans to contend for a Wild Card game. hahaha Sad when your post-draft dream is to play well enough for #2 in the division. Even when Manning and Harrison and Wayne were at the peak of their doinance, our fans were still given a team that we fealt was going to be good enough to split the series with Colts and contend to the end for the division.

8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Like last year, or his whole career? Seems like just last week he was "Matty Ice", or was that Matt Flynn? I get my elite top 10 QBs mixed up all the time.

9. JCBRAVE

:disbelief:

no

10. JCBRAVE

If you're talking about careers, then Hasselbeck is the best Matt playing, he's accomplished the most.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar