Get something out of this season: Play Jake NOW

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

We all knew this year was supposed to be a “learning year” for Jake Locker, and with the brutal schedule it would be difficult to make the playoffs. I understand he was hurt and his shoulder was dislocated but if he doesn’t get back in there soon he’s not going to get the experience he needs to lead us into next year, and this year would have been a waste.

I know it may be risky for him to get hit again without the shoulder being fully healed, but I’d rather him have to get surgery on his shoulder in the off-season than come out of this season with almost NO experience as a starting QB. Even with surgery in the offseason, he’d definitely be back by training camp in July. I think experience trumps potential injury at this point, especially since the season seems to be lost anyway.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jake definitely needs to get his stuff together so we can win some games. Being hurt sucks.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Munch just said Hasselbeck is starting this Sunday and Locker might not be back until after the bye.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We're doomed

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I agree and disagree.

I would love to see Jake on the field and get some experience and lets see what hes got and what he has not got. At the same time though, I don't want to him to risk further injury for a hopeless cause. Speaking of things that he doesn't have, a competent coaching staff is one of them.

At this point I would almost think that we are better served if we just tell him to go ahead and get the surgery done. That way he doesn't miss any of the preseason or OTAs learning the new coaches system.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The injury isn't bad enough as it is to need surgery. He'll only need surgery if he hurts it again. Even if it is injured further, the surgery would repair it and he'd be back to 100% by the time training camp rolls around.

7. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Damn, I just bought my Locker jersey last week. I was hoping I'd be able to wear it at some point this season. Looks like that may not happen.

That said I'm fine with Becky starting this weekend, if we can't score on the Colts we can't score on the Bears. The refs screwed us early and often but the offense looked anemic yesterday anyway. Let Becks take the fall this week. His career ended during the middle of last season anyway. I'm just happy I won't hear how much Locker sucks when we lose this weekend. That's pretty much the only upside.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Wow, sounds like Locker is out til week 12. Ouch

9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I am seriously starting to get a little more concerned with Locker than I originally was. I know he played a couple of games on that bummed out shoulder, but if he is injury prone....Hasselbeck will be 38 next year, if he is even here. What are we going to do with out a quality back up....Jake needs to put his big boy pants on and show something.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

We're better at this point with HB, but you're right Locker needs to play eventually, partly to get experience, partly to see if he is the future, and partly to see if he can actually stay healthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar