Get RID of Mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kid Astro, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Typical rookies don't win 8 straight games. Elliot is very talented, in the vein of Emmit Smith and Dorsett.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The very things we were concerned about MM himself admitted was a problem. So it wasn't what you call hate or doubting, but a concern as to whether he could fix things or not. You can't sit there and say you were positive he could. He appears to be getting better each week, but I will feel better when he faces a playoff caliber team and still performs like last week.

3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I bumped one of your threads praising Mariota. I can bump a few more if you like. :brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Well, it's not that he doesn't like Mariota per say, just that he wanted to be able to jump on the support train whenever he started doing good. Bandwagoners use a similar style when rooting for 2nd, 3rd, 4th favorite teams.
    I guess I can start mine now, I've always kind of liked whichever team is about to win the SB this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The question is what do we do against the better teams. No matter what, Mariota needs to make smart decisions and limit turnovers. Let's hope it continues!

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I disagree with the first part of your statement unless your only concern about him were turnovers. I knew he'd get better. He has all the talent and skills and work ethic. If put in a decent circumstance, he'll succeed if given the time and coaching.

Agree on the wait and see how he plays against better teams for a more balanced evaluation.

7. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

It's a natural process to do well vs bums and struggle vs solid D. He's 23 he will improve. There has never been a qb who lights it up against scrubs only and sucks vs good teams always guaranteed . Cmon man

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

i have never and will never root for him to fail. hell i have a mm jersey!

9. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Did you buy the jersey before or after you started campaigning for the Titans to trade him?

• LOL LOL x 3
  10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

before. when we first drafted him

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar