Get Ready For Some Chris Henry Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Tough to decide today, with Lendale getting 100. How do you take out a back after that. But Henry looked good for the first time. I stress first time, because he hasn't looked good before. I am willing to go with him tho' as Lendale has consistently struggled. Lendale may have to become a TD Vulture, but I never liked that because they know you are going to get the ball when you come into the game. After a while that strategy seems to fail unless you have two backs.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Henry looked great very quick to the hole. Runs to daylight and runs with power. Also a guy who can really do some good things in the passing game.

Lendale had his best game as a pro but it is henry's future that has me excited..

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Fish won't put Henry above White in the rotation. In fact I think we may not see much of Henry once Brown is healthy....but who knows how long that'll last.

I liked what I saw from Henry too. Maybe not as solid at pass blocking as LW or CB, but faster and more change of direction than either. Some say he goes down too easy, and maybe he does for a guy his size, but he's run very hard on some plays today and in preseason.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who said henry goes down too easy? The issue was whether he could find the hole. He looks very fast, gets to the hole quicker than white and finishes his runs strong.

It's nice to have a back we can dump it short to who can then turn it up for 10 quick yards. Everything about this offense seemed so hard it would be nice to get some easy yards on occasion..

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

There's been plenty of talk about how a guy his size gets tackled too easily. I've seen plays like that, but I've seen a limited number of plays, so I'll reserve judgement a bit.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I haven't watched the 1st half yet, but I did see Henry have a wide open sideline he could have jetted down for a huge gain, and of course he let a fat lineman beat him to the sidelines. Gain of 4.
    He might do ok on accident, but this guy is never going to be solid.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't know how you can jump to that conclusion.

He's had one game, 11 rushes, 57 yards, 1 td, with 2 catches for 12 yards. Over 5 yards a carry and catching out of the backfield.

Give him a chance.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I was pulling for CB in preseason to break out, but now I say we let him take another week to heal ,and let's see if Henry can follow up the Texans game by showing more improvement.
    Henry looked 100% better than what we saw in the preseason, see if he can build on it.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Gloat being Gloat, I think Henry has a bright future, but I would like to see more of this to decide. Willie Parker anyone.........

10. Nine

Nine Starter

BTW, folks....... CHen asked if anyone wanted to get some of this.

He says he's got plenty more to go around.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar