Get it together

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

#90 Camp Fodder

I can buy that there was "wind". Although the announcers never talked about it, but then again they sucked, so I can discount that. If we had the "A" CBS team, they would have cut to footage of Bironas kicking in that direction after half time. And we'd know exactly that Fisher's contention that he wasn't making them in that direction during warm-ups was truee. I'll concede that it was true.

What puzzles me is the play call. Collins had been "off" all day. He hadn't made many good throws to the outside ALL DAY. He hit Jones and a few others in the middle of the field, but all his outside stuff was off. We snapped the ball, and Collins didn't look at anyone else. Just threw to the side, and of course, it was overthrown. I would have preferred a screen or play action or bootleg....something to get a few options of a TE or a WR. As it was, it was a pump it and dump it on 4th and 3. Bad play call.

2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

the play call makes it worse for the fact that Collins throws to McCariens...which asbolutely just boggles my mind??? For every good catch he has...hes has 1 to 3 drops he should catch...why we throw to him so much, I dont know. Both Gage and Jones made big plays before that, why throw to JMac? Where was Scaife for a safety net? Even if Jmac made that catch, I still wouldnt like the guy....bet even Hawkins could of made a dive for it....but in all honesty KFC did over throw it.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I never heard Fisher take any blame. He said "what people don't understand is there was wind" and blaming everyone else for not understanding how brilliant he is...:suspect:

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

also saying it was out of Bironas' range. Didn't sound like he was sticking up for Big Rob. Instead of just saying; " I wanted to find out what this team was made of."

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Hopefully he had some long stares in the direction of Mr 19 and Mr 31.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't have a problem with Finny's personal foul on Schaub, if you have a shot to take out the opposing QB, take it and accept the possible 15 yd penalty.

Again, can someone call Metro and put an APB out on Michael Griffin, haven't seen the dude in weeks. That's what I got problem with.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IpHHtl8gC4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IpHHtl8gC4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

We have only had 1 playoff intense game this entire season, that was against the Jets. You could argue maybe the Ravens and Colts, but considering the when the game was played and the atmosphere inside the stadium, I consider it the only real one thus far.

And, in that game we got man handled. If we go into the Steelers game, and it means nothing, then we will have yet to win a playoff type game come January 10...and even if we still lose to the Steelers this weekend, it's another game to help give the guys the feeling of playing in a playoff intense setting.

But, even if we don't, well that means either Indy or Baltimore will go to the #1 seed as a wildcard, and the divisional winner (Denver, Miami, Jets, NE) will go to the #2 seed. I don't think being a #2 seed is such a bad thing...if anything it may be a blessing, as i can see Pitt getting beat by either Baltimore or Indy and we could host one of those 2 for the AFC Title game.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

:huh:

10. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

He told the team "he'll take this one, this one is on me" yet right after that he starts talking about how he should have taken the wind in the 4th..... The blame I was hoping he would have taken was that he should have tooken the chance for points instead of "the wind."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar