Get Fishers Extention done now or risk losing him!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Am I the only person in the world who sees the logic in finding and signing the GM before they start working on Fisher's new contract?
    Some journalists make it out as if the coaches and FO people don't have anything else to do at this time of year but negotiate their own contracts...

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

who knows
    i think it's within Underwood's and Adam's abilities to determine whether an extension should be worked now or 12 months from now

I don't think a GM who has little investment in Jeff and the organization ultimately HAS to be apart of this

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think it's the other way aroound, Fisher probably isn't in a hurry to sign an extension until he's happy with the new GM. Either Adams or Underwood already stated that Fisher was involved in the GM hiring process, so it's probably likely that he gets to sign off on the new GM.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Exactly, why work on an extension for a coach that you have under contract for next year when you have a vacancy at the GM position? Fisher will get an extension within two weeks of signing a new GM, that's my prediction.

5. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

Schefter also claimed he had a source that "guaranteed" Steve McNair would be in Tennessee this season....I think this guy's full of it....

I agree with the above posts...once the new GM is here, Jeff will get the extension. They're waiting on that first, then will knock out his long term coaching deal.

TJ
    Oh yeah, screw u Jerry Jones....

6. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Well, i think we should keep Fisher, he is a great coach and is the glue to this team. We need him and then get a GM. But we need a good well qualified GM, so hopefully we get a GM from a winning team. And maybe we'll get a monday night game soon.:))

7. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

None other but Jeff Fisher

I cannot imagine this franchise without Jeff Fisher. He is the right coach for this team, this city, everything. I do not want any other coach than Jeff. I do not see who could possibly come in here and be worth anything. There is not a coach on any NFL team I would rather have coach MY TENNESSEE TITANS!!!! Bud I think realizes he is the coach for this franchise and better give him a long term contract 12 yr 60mil thats a fair deal. Someone tell me who in this league could get a team turned around 0-5 with a rookie Quaterback who was not even supposed to play this year. He is all class. None other than Fisher will do.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, Schefter was just on again during halftime at the Senior Bowl. Said that he thought there was too much a difference in the numbers and Bud wouldn't pay what Fisher wanted. *News Flash* We'd like the contract to be done now, but we have until this time next year to work something out. And don't forget, we have Vince Young. :yes: Winning cures all woes. :))

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

04 we went 5-11
    05 we went 4-12
    06 we went 8-8

Bud couldn't (wouldn't) match Dallas offer if he let them talk to him. Shouldn't be very many HC openings next year and with good candidates as mentioned in above post making Fisher's value less. If Fisher waits to sign, then he'll have to produce a good record next year to get a better contract.
    I agree Fisher will sign extension after GM/Director of Player personnel named. (I bet Fisher isn't going to sign anything unless he gets who he wants also guaranteeing him the role he wants for his new contract)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar