Get Calico Out Of Here Now..........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look, he may never be a better receiver, and that's another argument. But the Titans are not going to cut him. He's fairly cheap and has a ton of potential. Only a fool would expect the Titans to just cut him next year.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

He knows that he is competing for a roster spot next yr. Usually you expect your #5-7WR to play special teams which Ty doesn't. Brandon Jones recovery could play a factor. If he is PUP listed then Ty might get a reprieve if he finds himself behind Bennett, Roby, Williams, Wade.

3. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Well I know they cut Justin Mccarins who was just bad *** in WR and Punt returns he was productive and we cut him hoping Calico would step in has not happend regardless of injury for 3 years he has been about as productive as the fans on the sidelines or in the stands. Even Jeff Fisher regreted making that move and I really just dont think this franchise has any idea how to handle free agency. He has this "Potential" that has never shown up so you saying your willing to just keep him cause he is cheap if thats the case we will be not better now then in 5 years.

4. Catch up. The traded McCareins. They didn't cut him.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

DITTO !! :bonk:

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I gotta go with TC on this one.

But it doesn't start or end with Calico. McNair is the best example. Every week it's something new or something old, but McNair will be held out of practice for something. Last week he couldn't pass because of a chest muscle, that's a new one. But everyone continues to back him. Its always 'his injury' or its 'the other guys fault'. I've got news, as long as you back McNair, count on a loosing season. He was good for awhile, but he's old. Montana, Marino, they were good too, but it was time to go.
    ________
    Weed

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree they arent going to cut him because he isnt that expensive, but I have no clue where everybody still sees this potential in him. I understand he has been hurt, but when they drafted him it was a pick based on potential, because he wasnt an NFL ready received when drafted. He couldnt catch his rookie year when he was healthy. He might have all kinds of athleticism, much like Woolfolk, but that athleticism doesnt automatically translate into a superstar NFL receiver, and I have seen absolutely nothing in Calico that would indicate he has tons of potential. This was a guy drafted on his athleticism and speed, and the hopes they could make him into a receiver, and it hasnt happended and I dont see it happening. It was a gamble that Floyd and Jeff lost, in the same way that Woolfolks athleticism hasnt made him a big time CB. That being said, I do agree he will be back because there is no sense in cutting him, but I dont think he will be worth a damn.

8. His prototypical size and athleticism alone means he has a ton of potential. But just having potential doesn't mean he'll ever live up to it.

I do think he can still improve. No, he's not going to be a stud like TO as we all hoped coming out of college. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since we basically have nothing to lose in doing so.

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

2003 was a hit or miss draft:

Woolfolk
    Calico
    Brown
    Long
    Nickey
    Williams

Three seasons later, it's officially an epic miss.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree with you that we should keep him for another year just to see what he does. His situation reminds me a little or Marcus Robinson. Robinson certainly never became the player everyone thought he would be because of his injuries, but he as turned into a serviceable receiver, and hopefully Calico can too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar