George Wilson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Wilson was a former wide receiver who became a safety and special teams player, eventually landing the starting strong safety role in 2008 and being named a defensive captain. He was the Bills second-leading tackler in 2012 behind Barnett - Twitter @TerryMc13

Anyone know anything bout this guy? He any good? Possible depth maybe....

Although the x-WR part troubles me a bit, not sure his tackling technique would be very good regardless if he led the Lions in stops...

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Bills cut him, enough said.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I hate starting threads on every single FA, but since SS is such a huge need and he visted, figured I would.

According to my twitter sources, George came in for a visit.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/j...george-wilson-to-visit-titans-lions-this-week

He posted 104 tackles last season and was a captain on the Bills D. Hard hitter, average in coverage. Will be 32 when next season starts. I see another Chris Hope in him, maybe 1 or 2 good years... than he gets worse.

Personally, i'm not interested. I'd rather spend money on DE, DT, CB, and OG. Then use our 1st-3rd on a SS.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm with you. As bad as our safety play is we need a guy who has at least 5+ years of productivity left since we're not ready to contend right now.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I would take him and still use a draft pick on SS. A second or third round SS is no guarantee and will probably need a year or two on the bench. Wilson would be a good one for him to learn from and should not cost too much. The Bills will not try to resign him as they will focus on resigning FS Byrd. We could also use his leadership.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Ah ... see I disagree with both of you. I think it would be a decent signing. Sure its not a long term answer, but we won't be able to fill every need with long term answers/draft picks, like the OP said, probably get a couple good years of service out of him. This will allow us to focus on other needs, while still trying to field a good team next year.

I just don't see us finding 2 long term answers at safety this year since we have so many other needs. I think this is a good stop gap, and hopefully next year we will have fewer holes and SS will be a bigger priority.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Anyone have a link to a list of current FA on the market?

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I see what you mean but I think we should wait and see what other free agency options will arise. I'm just not ready to pull the trigger on a guy who will give us so little in the big picture. There are some other, younger safeties that might become available and i'd hate to miss out on signing them because we commited to a 32 year old who will give us 2 good years max. I'm also one of the few that's actually pretty high on this year's safety class.

9. xpmar9x

10. xpmar9x

Solid point. I guess I wouldn't mind George Wilson on a 2year deal for like 3 million. Then use a 3rd on a SS. Have him sit behind George 1-2 years, then he can step in and start.

Alot of not wanting him has alot to do with my man crush on Matt Elam. He'd be the perfect fit for our team.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar