General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Scarecrow, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

This would normally be the time I am playing the hell out of Madden, but either I finally grew up or just got burnt out of it. This has been a fairly exciting off season though so who knows.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Personally, my madden 12 melted. At first I was mad. And then I felt liberated.
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Haha

I always played franchise, and I would hate drafting a guy in the first only to have his potential at a B or C. Its like, really?! A first round talent is going to be capped like that? Pretty sure anyone labeled first round should have a really high potential.

I say it every year, but I doubt I will buy this years. Just too many good games coming out these days that are deserving of my time over that mess.
  4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I didn't play Madden for probably 8 years. I bought Madden 11 used, Madden 12 new... and in 8 more years maybe I'll play again.
  5. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

I'm not much into electronic music at all, but recently I've been moving towards dubstep, and just yesterday I figured out why: the beat of it is the same as the one that plays in my head constantly (and has for as long as I can remember) and the music sounds just like my shop hands running routers and jigsaws at the same time. I like dubstep because I'm overfamiliar with it. I'm assembling a pedalboard to play organic dubstep wobble bass.... I'll get a new component in the mail in a couple days.

I posted a Skrillix tune in another thread recently... "Cinema"... the bass drop has a part in it that sounds like Megatron enjoying a sandwich.
  6. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

What is dubstep? My knowledge of music is about the same as my knowledge of Andoran history.
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Find a big piece of sheet metal, and wave it around in the air.....that is dubstep.

I have a few guilty pleasures. Nothing I really go out of the way to listen to though.
  8. avvie

Here is the aforementioned Skrillix tune. The dubstep wobble drop happens at 1:19. Play it loud so you can go buy new speakers :)
    [ame]http://youtu.be/k6lVhGeyXuw[/ame]

Dubstep is generally 140 beats/minute, with a beat on the 1 and 3 which makes it seem like half speed. VERY heavy sub bass, often with a wobble played by tweaking low frequency oscillators.... but can be duplicated on a standard 4 or 5- string bass guitar with the proper tools.

Youtube Top Ten Dubstep Drops to get lists of what others call the genre.
  9. avvie

Also, you have GOT to see this guy! Marquese "Nonstop" Scott. Watch starting at 0:50

[ame]http://youtu.be/myMC3IETlpo[/ame]

NO CGI involved!

Also, a dubstep remix of "Pumped up kicks".... very typical dubstep drop in it:

http://youtu.be/LXO-jKksQkM
  10. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Someone in my Asian History class got a four out of 100 on a paper. In his defense, it was originally a 14, but he turned it in a day late so he got ten points deducted. Why even bother at that point?