Gene Chizik?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yossarian, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

really Auburn, really?

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

way to represent the SEC!

... wonder what Burner28 thinks about this?

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I'm really stunned. Look, he could end up a great coach. Who knows. But you fire Tubberville and hire this guy? Supposed to be a defensive guru, yet his 2nd year at Iowa State, they had one of the worst def. in the country.

Lane Kiffin may or may not have been a good choice, but sure glad we got him when we did. If his staff is any indication, we made a good choice. His staff could be one of the best in the country.

6. Hoffa

I'm thinking they just hired this guy to fill in interim until a really good coach comes available...he's their Ron Zook for a year or two.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Why not let Tubberville be the interim instead of firing him and paying his buyout?

Bottomline, Lowder runs Auburn. Why Gill wasn't hired there.

8. Hoffa

I don't know, maybe the Alumni donors wanted Tub out now, like UT's wanted Fulmer out. I'm just guessing, the hire makes no sense...

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I don't think there was any way Fulmer would have been out unless they knew they could get someone. Seems Auburn fired Tubby based on who they thought they could get.

10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Doent sound like Charles "where's the beef" Barley is gonna be an Auburn donor any longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar