GDT: Titans at Ravens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Preditan, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Are you 12 years old that you have not seen much football? We have 4-12 teams that will go 12-4 the very next year. The talent is not that different from the 10th best team to the 30th best team.

Griffin has been to pro bowls. We have a CB making $6M a year. Now all of a sudden they can't play. What about the 10 free agents we signed the last 2 seasons? You know all those starters from other teams?

What about Phillips who had 10 sacks for the Broncos last season?

Whiz and Horton wanted Woodyard, Woods and they wanted to keep Wimbley but when they suck it's not their fault?

Ayers a 2nd rd pick gets traded for nothing after doing nothing and now he is playing great for a different team.

This team has as much talent as the 2011 team that was 9-7. Was Matt hasselbeck elite when we got him?

A 4-12 team can completely improve when motivated. You need leadership and you need a catalyst. A reason for guys to care. These guys don't.

The Ravens were 5-4, mediocre coming into this game. They gave up 6 TD passes last week. They were Gods against us.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You said this team has talent. You get called out and asked who the talent is.

You named Griffin, Phillips, Woodyard, Woods, Wimbley, and Ayers.

You didnt bother mentioning any of the players who actually have talent on the team.

You suck at this.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't know everything that was said on the sidelines but we got totally hosed on that play when we lost our TE. They didn't call a helmet to helmet hit because they determined he was running with the ball after a catch. Then replay deemed that it wasn't a catch at all. Where was our coach all over the officials? He should have been ballistic in protecting his player that is a call made all the time!

We get hosed and Whiz is fine with that.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I said they have the talent to win 8 games. About every team does. We have signed 10 players that were starters or significant contributors on theior previous team but we have no ability to compete?

So Phillips gets 10 sacks a season for years but has no talent?

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

While that is not why we lost, I completely agree. How can it not be a hit on a defenseless player and an incomplete pass at the same time? That was complete BS IMO.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

My argument is that this team doesnt have the talent to do anything. I also feel that was the same problem with Munch, except he actually got more wins than Whiz with nearly the same talent level.

They are different situations though. Bilbo tailored around his players, Whiz has a system. The system could very well suck, or be good, depending on the players he has. Right now he is trying to put a square peg through a round hole. (I am not arguing whether it does or doesnt, Im just stating what we both know. He is stubborn and wont change his system to fit players) That doesnt, however, take away the lack of talent argument. Our WR's are not getting open on a consistent basis. When they are, Mett isnt always hitting them.

As for a couple the players you mentioned:

Griffin - end of his career. He is not playing well, even when given the chance to play his best game.

Phillips - yes. he is not doing as well as he did with his previous team, and if you look at their overall defensive rankings of that team vs this team, you will see why. Some minds believed he was a bad signing in the first place because the only reason he saw the field was because of injury. System player? Who knows, but I do know that last year, he was on a top 10 defense, which indicates a lot more talent than we have.

Woodyard - theres no real change here. he has .5 less sacks for the season, 1 more int than he had last season. Push imo.

Woods - same as phillips, except Woods wasnt amazing in the first place.

Oher?

If you want to argue that RW has sucked, Ill probably be hi fiving most of your posts. I don't think this team has nearly as much talent as you do.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. fonzerrillii23

fonzerrillii23 Starter

Flacco16/271696.3(1)0
    Mettenberger16/271796.6 (1) (1)
    Both teams QBs had accuracy issues, but he was far from awful. Field position and penalties are our issue and have been our issue the entire season. It doesn't matter who we have at qb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar