GBN 3 round mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ONUV, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I think Collin Lindsey has fallen off his rocker....and hard too. Marshawn Lynch in the first? Seriously....I don't mind those other two picks, but the first one is rather laughable....it's not far fetched to say we will draft a RB at some point, but not on the first day.

2. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

This mock makes 8lb 4oz baby jesus cry :cry:

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Im not feeling this mock at all...

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Go back and read the posts here from this time last year. There is no mention of anyone even thinking about taking a DE. We had 41 sacks compared to only 26 this year. We allowed only 4.2 ypc compared to 4.6 this year. LaBoy/Odom combined for 4 sacks this year. The year before, they combined for 8.5. Also, KVB was down 6 sacks this year, but still notched a respectable 6.5. It's pretty clear to see that the same players, who are getting more experience, should be improving, but their stats are dropping off (partially due to injury, surely). IMO it's possible (even likely) that with better preparation and better luck with injuries that they could see a dramatic improvement this year. I'm not saying don't bring in anyone. I think they need to see someone behind them that could take their snaps if they don't stay in line, but I don't think it is one of our highest priorities.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Wow might be the worst mock ever. Lynch round one absolutly not we'll get Dillon or Turner mark my words maybe latter we take a scat back type like Booker but round one no way. Wade round 2..........um well I'm speechless he's not even a first day guy maybe round 5 or 6 I look for him but round 2 your crazy. Finally round 3 Justin Durant a LB from...........wait for it.......Hampton. First of all he's from Hampton second we don't need a LB bad enough to take one in the first day. I think wwere pretty well set at LB maybe a late round pick we take one but not round 3 and not a guy from Hampton who isn't worth a 3rd anyway.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

:ha:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Beyond moronic..

I guess they didn't read that we are going to get micheal turner. Or that we signed fowler and don't have a pressing need for a linebacker? The first three rounds and no WRs how dumb does it get.

GBN is starting to really suck. They are missing lots of trends and pro day numbers and obviously are clueless about our needs.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

ok a little calm for a second..

According to them we will have our pick of many good players in each rd.

Let us assume that we have traded for micheal turner. The cost an exchange of first rd picks and our latest 4th. How do we go then? Using this mock as our guide i would go this way.

Rd 1 pick 30, charles johnson DE georgia.

Rd 2 pick 50 Wr sidney rice.

Rd 3 pick Johnny lee higgins WR.

Not bad eh? We get a run stopping DE, 2 good Wrs and a feature back and still have the 4th rd on to add some corners..

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't imagine we draft two WRs in the first three rounds.

I agree with DE first (at either pick), then a WR. Then possibly a Corner or another DL.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Contradictions gunny?

Why do we need to draft a corner when we have reynaldo?

Besides there are plenty of good corners we can draft in rd 4. Bain, scott, brown and arline are all 6 foot tall and ran under a 4.45 40. At least 2 of them will be there in rd 4. Maybe one in rd 5.

We need WRs. In the early rds there are some good ones. Rice in the 2nd and higgins in the third represents excellent value. If we go WR in rd one i agree we probably don't draft another in the next 2 but a 2nd and a 3rd is not too great an investment for that position.

As for the D-line i still think we can sign a player or 2. I would sign eason and scott both. 2 Dts who can come in and fight for a starting job and a roster spot and eason could help at DE. I think hayensworth and starks will have a good year both knowing they could be UFA in 08.

As for DE we got our guy we needed. A late pick or 2 should be enough and there are some depth type players we can still sign there..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar