GATFT Final: McNair vs. Matthews

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 4, 2008.

?

GATFT Final: McNair vs Matthews

Poll closed Aug 9, 2008.
  1. Steve McNair

46.2%
  2. Bruce Matthews

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Well McNair is my favorite, but I voted for Bruce because, like everyone said, he was an elite, versatile, durable lineman. Those are three superlatives that well take you very far in any walk of life... I was surprised to see how many ppl were with me on this one too

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

McNair and Rolle were my favs.

3. McNair

4. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

As much as I like Mcnair you have to go with the guy that never missed a game.

5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Starter

Bruce Mathews - 14 years here in Houston and still lives here with several business interests and active in the community.

Steve McNair - 2 seasons with only 6 starts.

I'm guessing Bruuuuuce!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep

Matthews earned his HoF satus in Houston.

7. Agreed. Matthews was a great player, but his prime was as an Oiler, not a Titan.

But either way, Mac was my all-time favorite. The guy just put his body on the line week after week and always seemed to will the team to a win where they seemingly had no business winning.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Matthews is pulling away.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller with the drama again. Bottom line is that steve played the most important position on the field. He was a near hall QB playing on teams with lots of other fine players. That was why he was a success. As for putting his body on the line? Too dramatic.

Matthews just made 14 pro bowls and was first team all pro 7 times. That's sick!

Tough call in my opinion..

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

By the margin of 53.5% to 46.5%, Bruce Matthews wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar