Garage Band Question

Discussion in 'Gear' started by maximus, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Is it possible to download an MP3 song, convert it to MIDI, use Garage band to change the musical instruments, then convert it back to MP3?

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You can't split a mixed audio .mp3 track back into separate tracks.. You can though import it into a DAW like Garageband and add tracks to it then export it back to an .mp3.
    If it has to be midi you can export the whole song as a sound for Sampletank etc. but again, as one mixed stereo track, not split up...

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i could see being able to split MIDI or even DD 5.1 / DTS
    but not an Mp3 .... you could ADD but not subtract

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Would I be able to add the instrument playing the same music (with out having to key it in)

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't fully understand the question but if you're asking if you can add another instrument that is already recorded to an mp3 file - you'd have to import the mp3 as a track then import your recorded instrument as another track. Obviously tuning and pitch would have to be perfect or it would sound like crap.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ :yes:

import the mp3 into your "studio" ... it'll be 1 of your tracks
    then you can "stack" tracks on top of it

------Would I be able to add the instrument playing the same music (with out having to key it in)--------- like creepy, I do not fully understand this question
    you could play your guitar along with the music and make yours more prominent in the mix

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

http://www.music-notation.info/en/compmus/audio2midi.html

Mozart would, like, totally wet himself; or be really ticked off.

BTW, AWESOME sig, CC! :ha: and I just posted a Lamont pic elsewhere!

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Man they ran a Sanford and Son marathon on TV Land yesterday and couldn't stop watching. Shame that some fools have been trying to get them to stop running the old show claiming its racist. Gimme a damn break...

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Don't get me started :irked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar