Gap Between Titans and Haynesworth Was $2 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wasn't aware they were offering him 32 million last season. I thought that was their last offer before FA. Anyway 7 million (41mill he got from Redskins versus 34 million he wanted from us) is still very significant. You can't fault him from a business standpoint.

I just hope we win the Super Bowl next year. He would learn something about intangible value then.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

MR: Al we're as high as we can possibly go and beyond. We must leave room for other signings as you have asked for in the past.
    Al: NOPE
    MR: We're going into an uncapped year and many contracts are up next season. You will still be the richest defensive player in the NFL.
    Al: NOPE
    MR: Is it at all possible that you aren't a greedy ******* who has been totally false in the press?
    Al:NOPE

3. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

*coughs* bs

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

When bill gates announced his engagement warren buffet asked him to come with his new fiance to omaha and pick out the ring at a store warren owned. Bill's fiance picked out an enormous ring and the gates and buffets played bridge for 9 hours straight. When they took a break for something to eat it was bill's fiance who was sent out out for mcdonalds. True story.

When you are that rich there really is no difference between a big mac or a lobster tail or steak.

5. Tuk88

Tuk88 Camp Fodder

How many of us have been at our job longer than 7 years? He wasn't exactly overpaid in those 7 years either.

I wouldn't put it past the budget-minded FO to stand firm at $32M vs $34M, especially since AH had missed four games that last year, as well as everyone thinking at the time that $10M/yr was a fantasy.

If true, should they have pulled the trigger at $36M? Of course, but they also have a history of not paying DTs more than DEs either, witnessed by the fact that they rarely if ever have a decent DT last beyond 4 years in town.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Let me 'splain something to you. Thirty-one million or forty million; it doesn't matter. As long as you are even the slightest bit frugal, you are set for life and then some with EITHER amount.
    He could put the 31 mil in the bank and live off the interest alone, never having to spend a ****in dime of the base 31 mil.

I hope we do with the SB just for that. I also hope we still make the p/o's and Washington doesn't.

7. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

i like how most titan fans are hoping for him to just flat out suck. mocking him and what-not. that is only because he is on a different team now. if you think we don't need him, your BS'ing yourself.

the titans are completely stupid and stubborn. 4 years $32 million and can't go to 34 million??!?!?! are you F'ING serious??!!
    the most asanine thing they have done in recent memory. if our defense does not improve from last years, i blame the FO 100%. i don't blame AL for getting PO when there are no name FA getting bigger contracts and rookies who have never played a snap. i could go on and on.

why thank you tennessee titans, thank you.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

1. While I do wish him a career-ending injury, I never said we don't need him. We do.
    2. But the comments he made about the Titans, both to reporters and at his press conference, caused me to lose all respect for him.

Haynesworth is completely stupid and stubborn. He couldn't let 2 million measly dollars slide to stay on the team he said he wanted to stay with and that it's not about the money?
    are you F'ING serious????

No, thank you Albert 'it's not about the money' Haynesworth. Thank you.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Anyone ever considered the Titans didn't really want Al back, and were hoping he'd jump ship? He's got a big mouth, questionable work ethic, history of injury, and is demanding to be the highest paid defensive player in history. Moreover, he plays a position that has been the strength of the team for years due to Washburn's ability to turn anyone he finds off the street into a pro-bowl D lineman within 3 years.

Does that sound like someone the Titans would pursue if he were a draft pick or FA?

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Ok, I don't know what you make a year, but for this illustration let's say its $50K. You've been a top employee for 7 years and your boss offers you a raise to $55K. At the same time, a rival business offers you a position working for them, doing the same thing, for $75K. Which one are you going to choose?

The temp working in your current office will probably think you are a greedy jerk for taking the new job since he makes $8.50/hr. He thinks you could be set for life making $55K. But, you know better, don't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar