Games vs Reading a good book

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Big TT, Jan 13, 2012.

?
  1. Gamer

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Reading a book

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Pretty simple which do you prefer. If you don't mind also submit your age in any response. BTW, I am 52 and am in the reader column.

2. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

What about interactive novel games? It's the same as reading a book but interacting with the story. Not a very well known genre and mostly lays in Japan. However one series I know came ou in the US and the Ace Attorney series. Really have to think to solve the story and lot's of reading and self rewarding. Another I love is Infinite Space. There is a godly amount of reading.
    yes is had RPG elements like battles with ships but it's one long story. Also Many RPG's like Xenosaga are an immense story that takes 3 games and each game has hundreds of hours of story. makes War & Peace look like a pamplet.

I could go on and on. Most people have this idea about gaming as Call Of Duty or Racing games or something casual like those. I'm not trying to sound elitist but most real using the popular term "hardcore" gamers are collectors and importers and have a huge library of hundreds to thousands. Much like a good film or book collectors library.

Now Yes I have books and I was a bigger reader as a child as I read LOTR/Hobbit and Illiad,To kill a mockingbird,Andromeda strain,Red Dragon(when I was only in 5th grade at home) Lord of the flies and many many more. Then I got more into Astronomy and quantum physics & Ancient History so I read those from then on until now. I read more non-fiction anymore in terms of real books. I also read as a child The Never Ending Story novel that the film was based off of. I loved as a kid good stories and adventures so why I play mostly RPGs now(Final Fantasy,Ys,Xenoblade,Xenogears,Chrono series and hundreds more). Taking those books and giving it form.

So I was once a physical book reader but now a Gamer. But I still keep myself cultured.

29 years of age. But lived a very very experienced & chaotic life. :cool:

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am split, but with a heavy lean towards games at 24 years of age.

Mostly during my down time, I will be playing some sort of game. I used to be into first person shooters, but now with age, maybe the economy, I buy games that will last for a long time and are more in depth and complete.

Most gamers will identify with me, that one of my biggest pet peeves in a game is an OLD glitch. I hate spending 60 bucks and falling through a wall somewhere.

But at the same time, I really enjoy "war" books. Read "Heart and the Fist" recently working on "War".

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I go thru phases. I've had several years where I'll read 40-50 books and other years where I don't touch one. In the summer, I tend to do neither.

Right now it is gaming.

Age 33.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Gamer. But I've read more books (for fun) in the last 2 years then any prior time of my life.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I checked 'gamer' but I have no doubt it means something different too me than most gamers. I read but not with any attempt too break any records. More into quality than quanity.

48 but could easily pass for 46

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I honestly couldn't pick. I'm an avid fan of both. I read more frequently than I game. However, 85-90% of what I read is non-fiction. So I don't really read for fun that often (although I'm making a legitimate attempt to change that lately).

I love both, for very different reasons. I'd say I find gaming much more entertaining. But if I could only do one for the rest of my life I'd choose reading. It's the more rewarding of the two by leaps and bounds.

Oh, and I'm 28.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, I love to do both. I read a lot but mostly on the train to and from work. I might read in bed two or three times a week but other than that I will game an hour or 2 a night.

I am 27.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

29 and games. Don't have the attention span to sit and read books. Wish I could.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I truly wish I could read books as well. I used to read a lot when I was younger until I realized I wasn't retaining any of the information.

The fact that I'm the slowest reader on the planet doesn't help either.

Hand-eye coordination, on the other hand, is my thing. Doesn't matter what game it is... I'll be good at it - unless it's a horrible game like WoW that I would never dare play.

22 years old. Once I got my Super Nintendo from Santa I was hooked and never looked back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar