Game Plan vs. Falcons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitansGo, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitansGo

GoTitansGo Starter

Atlanta Falcons
    Total Offense: #4 (407.3 yards per game)
    Rushing Offense: #4 (130 yards per game)
    Passing Offense: #8 (277.3 yards per game)
    3rd Down Offense: #3 (48% 3rd down percentage)
    Scoring Offense: #3 (30.5 points per game)

Total Defense: #20 (369.5 yards per game)
    Rushing Defense: #1 (78.8 yards per game)
    Passing Defense: #29 (290.7 yards per game)
    Passing % Defense: #24 (67.1% passing percentage allowed)
    TD Defense: #7 (7 TD's allowed)
    3rd Down Defense: #28 (42% 3rd down conversion)
    Scoring Defense: #17 (23.8 points per game)

Atlanta Falcons look like a solid team all around. In terms of statistics, their major weakness appears to be in their passing defense. Their D does a serviceable job of keeping teams out of the end zone and forcing field goals. The offense is in the top 10 of all major offensive categories, and I am sure their coach is eager to run the ball against our turn style rushing defense. We hope Avery Williamson returns for this game to maybe, even slightly, hold their rushing numbers down...just barely.

Offense: Falcons
    Defense: Falcons
    Special Teams: Titans
    Coaching: Falcons

It's highly unlikely the Titans will win this game, but an aggressive all-out air assault is needed for them to have the best chance. This game plan fits Mettenberger perfectly if the offensive line can hold on another second or two, especially since the Falcons do not have a lot of sacks on defense. The Falcons have also allowed 1 blocked punt, so maybe the Titans can get lucky in that area.

Unfortunately, they are calling for rain in the forecast and the fan base is about to hit an all-time low. We would expect another large crowd of Falcons fans since they are 4 hours away, and Titans fans will continue giving away their tickets to stay dry at home. The match up versus the Falcons does not look favorable, at all, for the Titans.

#1 GoTitansGo, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. Falcfan

Falcfan Camp Fodder

Our passing defense is primarily low because of short passes up the middle killing us as our lbs/safeties have been struggling. Our slb Durant should be baxk this week though so less of an issue. I wouldn't try testing either of our corners though, Trufant has only allowed 3 passes this year and Alford has 2 picks.

3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

The game plan is pretty simply.

Air the ball out.
    Have Hunter and DGB out wide all game, have them running Go routes. Both the Falcons starting CB's are dwarfs compared to Hunter and DGB.
    Walker and Wright work short in the center of the field.
    Have Stevens line up next to Poutasi and double team the Left End.
    Have Mett throw 30-40 times, lots of shotgun. Throw the ball away if you have too.

On defense, get back to blitzing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. GoTitansGo

GoTitansGo Starter

Seeing as you all have the #1 rushing defense, Whiz probably game planning to run the ball up the middle with all 5 of our RBs.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

First of all, what in the world leads you to belive this version of the Titans line could do any better than prior weeks? We're on our 2nd center, 2nd RT, 2nd LG, all around trash at those spots...

As for Mettenberger being good for this game.... Id rather send my daughter out with Darren Sharper for the night than hand over the offense to Mettenberger... You dont have to blow in an ashtray 7 times to learn its a bad idea...

• LOL LOL x 6
  6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Screenshot_2015-10-20-14-58-51-1.png
    If you can figure out what this guy would do, then you can figure out our gameplan.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. XO

XO Nevada Native

DGB has not proven himself to be a legitimate deep threat and Justin Hunter is as soft as baby ****.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. GoTitansGo

GoTitansGo Starter

I never said I had any confidence, I simply stated airing it out is our best chance to even get close to a win.

I disagree with your opinion regarding Mettenberger, because he has a better arm than Mariota when it comes to an air assault.

Again, I am not expressing any confidence, just stating what I'd like to see if I think we are trying to win.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He does not have a better arm, bigger, sure but certainly not better.

If you cant anticipate whats happening then you cant succeed. Mett has shown time and time again he does not anticipate things very well.

10. GoTitansGo

GoTitansGo Starter

Isn't a bigger arm deemed a better arm?

I never said Mettenberger was going to be successful, but since our season is shot and Mariota has MCL sprain, it's likely Mettenberger will be playing. If our game plan is for an all out air-assault, I'd rather have Mettenberger than Mariota right now simply because he has a "bigger" arm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar