GAME of THRONES

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Did you see Black Death yet?

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No, but I fully intend to now that it is on Netflix stream.

3. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Got my sister into watching she called me all pissed off sunday night"I don't like your show"! I had tried to warn her to not get attached to any one character. Lol

Ned is your fave? Not Jon Snow, Tyrion, Bran, Arya? Hell the Red Viper is one cool dude.

4. So, I am planning on making Game of Thrones my next Audible purchase. For those who have read the book, is it worth still reading the book if I've already seen the series?

Not a matter of whether the book is bad, as I hear it's excellent, just whether it's a pretty close duplication.

5. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Books are worth it, lot of internal dialogue within each character is lost, plus back stories of the world itself.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

If you really like the characters, as in like them enough to get to know them better, then you should read Game of Thrones. If you plan on reading the other books, then you should read Game of Thrones. I say this because simply watching the first 10 episodes probably isn't an adequate preparation to how convoluted the other books get. And like Rebel said, the books do add a lot of really valuable internal thoughts of the characters that, IMO, fleshes them out more than the dialogue itself. Martin is an author who, if he does anything right, really exposes his characters' motivations through internal writing.

7. Thanks, that's kind of what I figured. I do plan to get the rest of the series so I'll go ahead and listen to Game of Thrones after I finish my current book.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

This show goes hard, started off slow but now it's one of my favorites and one of the things I look forward to the most come Sunday's.

I understand it's a t.v. show and the budget is different, but hopefully they show at least a little of the next battle unlike the last episode.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Assuming this show keeps going and isn't cancelled anytime soon, there are so many battles they won't be able to skimp over them...

There is in particular a large naval battle that I'm sure HBO is dreading.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Obviously the characters you mentioned are more fleshed out, but I really respected Ned. Tyrion is probably the most likeable character in the series though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar