Game Not Sold Out?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by teegee, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, the sad truth is that too many PSL owners are taking advantage of the demand and selling. Not that many single game tickets get sold, and many of them do actually directly sell to consumers. It's the secondary market that kills home crowds.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If not for the secondary market, we wouldn't have however many consecutive sellouts in a row. There is no perfect system because fans of the opposing team will ALWAYS find their way into any stadium - if sold on a game by game basis, we would never have sold out several games from 2004-current including almost all pre-season games.

The secondary market eats a lot of tickets to a lot of games. Dont hate on them for making a little money on a couple big games where the demand is there.

I imagine if you took the 5,000 hardest core fans in Nashville, we would fill the seats in Baltimore as well. I know I'd be there, and who else do we buy from besides Ravens season ticket holders?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.musiccitytickets.com/ticketresults.cfm?e=848

This is how most out of town ravens fans will get their tickets from sites like this. Nobody can complain about this because this is the way non season ticket holders can see the game. Got $220? Make your order and go pick up the tickets. That simple to go to a game this big. The cost above normal market is not that great.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Nate told me there were single tickets available from the street vendor guys for pretty cheap. I'm looking for 2 single tickets (because me and Tommy stand at the endzone patio anyways) any idea how much they'd run (at best cost)
    nate said about 50 a piece, which is awesome.

And is anybody going down to Nashville the night before?

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm betting prices will be higher than that. There's a bigger demand for the playoffs. Let us know how much you end up paying after the game.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Guys i just gave you a place to buy tickets and there are several sites like that. Order the tickets online or on the phone and go pick them up. The price is not going to change.

What dimwit would go to the game looking to buy a ticket when several vendors in the nashville area are selling tickets with just a small markup? Lots of tickets from $110-$150.

:rolleyes:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't think there is a seat you can buy in that stadium for $50. Every site i have seen start at over $100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar