Game day hotels

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bored1, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

Ive stayed at the days inn at the stadium and it was ok but does anyone know what the days inn on music row(1800 west end ave) is like?im trying to get all this straight now? is this one close enough to walk to the game?? thanks

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

If you want to be within walking distance, I'd suggest the Doubletree, Courtyard by Marriott, or Hilton, all on 4th Avenue on the downtown side of the river.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Nah, it'd be a helluva walk.

There's also a Holiday Inn at about 7th and Broad.
    They're building a Hampton Inn on 4th South of Broad. Don't know when it'll open.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Splurge for the Hilton it will be worth the extra beans - it's the best hotel in town for Titans games...
    Like Hoff said, Music Row would be a pretty long walk.

5. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

thank you guys, ill check into it(no pun intended, well ok just a lil)

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

how 'bout the Ratmada? It's within spitting distance of the LP Field parking lot.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rat-mata eh?

Sounds like a winner.:suspect:

I only live 55 minutes away from downtown so i have never had reason to use a hotel but if i was spending any time at all there it would be at one of the hotels on the other side of the river. There are so many things to do downtown and i'm sure those hotels are better. The walk from most of those hotel's mentioned used to be routine for many of us coming to the games so that doesn't seem oppressively far to me. I always park in the lot next to joe's crab shack and use the walkway.

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

There is a Ramada located just across the street from the stadiums Lot B parking lot. The Ramada is used by a lot of the other teams fans, they tailgate over there along with some Titans fans.
    The Hilton is right in the middle of all-things-tourist as far as Nashville goes. If you like the full effect of Game Day, this might be your best bet. Nashville is very much a live on Game Day and the walk the to stadium won't be a lonesome one as there will be thousands crossing the bridges to the stadium.
    There is plenty to do and see in Nashville prior to the start of the game.

I think the resturant inside the Hilton still carrys Eddie Georges name.....I think.
    As for the Ramada. Once inside the hotel, I wouldn't be wandering around outside until game day morning.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

No, it was dropped.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Across the river is better..

Unlimited restaurants vs a few. If you stay at the days inn or ramada you won't want to walk around much. Just across hwy 24 is a housing project. Not the worst neighborhood in the world just not a place to be wandering around at night and not much reason to wander. Across the river you have 2 great blues bars, the wild horse, demos, crab shack, jacks BBQ, a great micro bewery/restaurant, hard rock cafe etc.

To me it's a no brainer because you are so close to so many things and still not that far from the stadium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar