Game Ball: Vikings @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I figured Tony is about the right size to fill in for Debo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KSdZyvvhoM

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

touchdowns = points

points = wins

wins = all that matters

start making sense, plz!

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Not that it matters but I side 100% with " Lendale is doing fine" portion of this thread. I like to think that 4-0 something is going right ..... sometimes it's the small things. What we KNOW for sure is HE got those touchdowns ... what we don't KNOW is if Johnson would have made it in. Are you guys every happy?

And instead of starting another thread........

....... would it ever be beneficial to run a three back set with White, Hall and Johnson? I think that would be a hell of a set to scheme for.Lendale would be as big as a lineman back there blocking with Hall.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

But he's the only person on here who doesn't settle for mediocrity!

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Lendale leads the league for touchdowns from a running back ........ not tooooooo shabby. :grrhee:

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

it's almost like he has the USC thing going for him again, let another back get all the yards while he gets all the glory in the endzone!

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You have to look at the intent. When it's third-and-short or second-and-goal, you have a very different situation than first-and-10. White has been solid in the role he's been put into. He was the only RB to do anything against the Bengals in the first half of that game. He has almost as many TDs already this season than he had all of last year.

I'm like most who want to see more of CJ. I'd like to see something in the neighborhood of a 65/35 breakdown. But Fisher isn't going to wear down his #1 offensive weapon in September. Why risk it? Especially with a lead?

If the Titans are going to play deep into January, then they need CJ to be healthy and fresh. They can't afford for him to hit a "rookie wall". That'll mean LenDale White will continue to be a big part of the Titans offense.

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Yeah, and maybe we should put them on all on a single side...perhaps in a wing-like formation....

:ha:

Seriously, I would rather have low yards with 13 points more than the other team than something like Warner had this weekend (472 yards passing and a big fat L in the record column).

At the end of the day, the W's are the only thing that count. If we were winning by miracles (Broncos) that would be something to be concerned with, but we haven't. We haven't even been winning ugly like was our standard mode of operation all last year.

We are averaging a 2 TD margin of victory this year through 4 games. That is pretty damn impressive. The margin of victory might not be due to a high powered O, but the sum total of the 2008 Titans appears to be a solid team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar