Game against Chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Jr Seau hasnt been with the Chargers since 2002. Its no big deal. This isnt a win one for JR type game.

2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Hmm everyone wants to take the "positive look" so I will go out on a limb and be the minority here ...

Naw the ceremony will have an effect. Titans DONT WIN @ San Diego or beating them in general doesn't seem to happen often. Maybe with coach Fish gone that will change (they had his number) but if I'm a betting man the losing trend in SD continues once 55 goes up in the rafters.

http://mcubed.net/nfl/sd/ten.shtml

H 2010/10/31 San Diego Chargers 33 - Tennessee Titans 25 W
    A 2009/12/25 San Diego Chargers 42 - Tennessee Titans 17 W
    H 2008/01/06 San Diego Chargers 17 - Tennessee Titans 6 W !! AFC WILDCARD !!
    A 2007/12/09 San Diego Chargers 23 - Tennessee Titans 17 W
    H 2006/09/17 San Diego Chargers 40 - Tennessee Titans 7 W
    H 2004/10/03 San Diego Chargers 38 - Tennessee Titans 17 W
    A 1998/09/13 San Diego Chargers 13 - Tennessee Oilers 7 W
    H 1993/09/19 San Diego Chargers 18 - Houston Oilers 17 W
    A 1992/09/27 San Diego Chargers 0 - Houston Oilers 27 L

They just don't beat the Chargers, period. (for whatever reason)

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We should've won the 2010 and 2007 games against them. If Britt didn't go down last year, we would've won that game.

And if Fisher wasn't coach in 2007, we would've won that game. I think this was one of the worst collapses I've seen from us. It was total domination from us - I think we held Rivers to something ridiculous like 50 passing yards through the first three quarters and we were up 17-3. Then the final 10 minutes of the 4th quarter come around and we couldn't do anything right. Classic Fisher/Chow ball - run, run, run, punt.

We've gotta beat these guys at some point though. This is the weakest they've been in a while, so I actually think we'll win.

4. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

Good time for my first post!
    I will be at this game, (already paid for my tickets), and was thinking oh $h@t when I saw the tweet. Still have the bitter taste from blowing the Halloween game two years ago, the game that ruined a good season. Britt went down right in front of me it was a step away from a td, instead a blown hammy. Then its 19-7 at halftime I feeling good about it, then VY who was playing well, went down and we blew the lead and the game.It was the first of 6 straight losses after two weeks later vs Washington Vince and Fish ruined it all.

This will be a huge game for them to try and win one for Seau, so it will be extremely tough, mainly due to the added SD fans who normally would not attend a game against the Titans. Though at this point we are a better more talented team then the Chargers so we can get it done "if" we come to play. I will be there to cheer us on anyway so Go Titans!
    R.I.P Junior Seau one of my favs growing up.

Anyway glad to finally be apart of the site. They really need to change the registration email rules(no yahoo, gmail, etc.) took me 3 years to find a bypass. And now had to wait a week to even make a post. What"s with all the crazy rules?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Welcome to the Board! I'm glad you hung in there for 3 years! It will be worth it in that the registration prevents a lot of the trolls that message boards tend to attract. We have a great Titan fan base here and we welcome your thoughts as it's always good to hear from Titan fans that don't reside in TN.

I also think that the Chargers will be extra pumped up for the game against the Titans because of retiring Junior's jersey. I realize that players don't need any added motivation to win games, but I think the Chargers will try even harder to make sure they come out with a win because that will be "Junior's Day" with his family, friends with past and present Charger brass in attendance.

The Chargers seem to always beat the Titans and I for one would like to wipe that smirk off River's face just once, even on "Junior's day"!

GO Titans!!

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Two things make me feel good about facing San Diego. 1.) It's an early game, San Diego never plays that well in September, and 2.) no Fisher.

If the game was in TN I'd guarantee you all we'd win.

7. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I agree. I am glad its an early game. Chargers under Turner have had slow starts for years now. We don't always play well on any west coast games, but I like our odds this year. Man I want this game and the Pats too. Titans have never beat Chargers, and haven't beat Pats since '02. We need these two games baby, 2-0 start

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We did beat the Patriots in a preseason game a few years ago, but I know, doesn't count.

9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Man, the franchise, not just the Titans. But the Oiler/Titan Franchise has really not beaten the Chargers since 1992!!!!! I was 12 years old and I am almost 33 now!! That is just unacceptable. No team should have our number that long. What are we? The Browns? The Browns have beaten the Pats more recently WAY more recently. I wonder if this is the longest losing streak to a specific team currently in NFL.

It needs to be a priority to beat the Chargers this year!! For first time in 20 years!!

10. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Maybe Munch will get them fired up before the game explaining to them they've been bending us over for the past several years.

I really hate philip rivers by the way... :grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar