Game 8 Preview: Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Tennessee will travel to Jacksonville this week for a second straight divisional game, taking on the enigmatic Jaguars. Jacksonville played poorly enough to lose to the Texans 27-7 two weeks ago, but rebounded with a very impressive 13-6 win at Philadelphia last Sunday. Which Jaguar team will show up this week?

The Jaguars carry a 4-3 record into this game, while the 2-5 Titans are coming off a 28-22 win over Houston.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001820.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

If we can run the ball and protect VY we have a chance for an upset. Must have a big game from the OL and DL( stop the run) and give VY an opprortunity to run out of the pocket. If Garrard really does start we may can pressure him into some mistakes if we keep him in the pocket and make him throw. Leftwich is really upset about being demoted and it is causing some problems up there. Hopefully we can get them in a lot of 3rd and longs and take advantage of Garrard if so the they may lose intensity and coinfidence in whats going on with the coaches and Leftwich.

3. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Agreed, fltitan. And one serious Jags guy agrees with you too.

A friend of mine does a Jags blog and is a contributor and moderator for one of the Jags forums. This is what he told me about the game:

"If Tennessee can load up the box and force Garrard to throw, there’s a very good chance they can leave Jacksonville with a W."

He also noted the way we stopped Garrard in the 18-15 win two years ago.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Our guys will do just fine against this team. Does anyone think that us just beating a team that whooped them the week before might put a bit of doubt into the jags minds?

I do... At minimum it'll give our guys a boost of confidence.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Leftwich not starting has ruined my plans to use this image liberally over the next few days...

[​IMG]

but I still couldn't resist using it once. The word uncanny springs to mind.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

My roommate has suggested that I start Garrard on my fantasy team, thus insuring his utter defeat.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Garrard ran really well against the Eagles...we must contain him or he will take off and run for lots of yards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar