Game 2 Preview: Tennessee Titans (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-1)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Chris Johnson is going for a 150+ in this game. Book it.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i hope so,he is one of my fantasy players.

him and micheal turner lit it up last week for me.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Not to look back, but as much as the offense struggled last week the Titans were 2-2 in the redzone. Crumpler was dead silent which won't happen often, and CJ was facing one of the top defenses in his first ever NFL game. I'm cautiously optimistic that we could start seeing some fireworks on Sunday. Gage and JMac looked off their games - Gage is usually much more dependable than that. LW was pretty quiet. Lots of players that should look better this week - especially against a weaker D.

If the Titans can keep up the solid pass rush this will be a fun one to watch.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I say around 200 total. Bengals defense sucks.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Vegas opened it at 2.5. It's been bet down to 1, I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans are favored 1 or 1.5 by kickoff. It's good to know the Bengals, although they looked terrible in week 1, is not a team we can overlook. I hope last yyear's 35-6 thrashing keeps the team focused and hungry for revenge.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think we will have to put up 27+ points to win this game.

7. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

thats not going to happen the titans offense is horriable and if you are waiting for the offense to put up points you will be waiting awhile.... the titans D is awsome at stopping the run and the short pass but the titans still havent proved they can stop the deep pass and that will be the key in this game. i love finnegan and how agressive he plays but sometimes that hurts him against the deep pass but im really worried about harper being being left on a island with tj or chad..

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

this is a big test for fisher and the titans.... as bad as the bengals are marvin lewis seems to know how to stop fisher on both sides of the ball as far back as 2000... but i am really interested to see how the titans D handles the passing game and that will decide if the titans win this game... the titans D is very good but thier inability to defend the deep pass is still suspect... if the titans can defend the deep pass they will win but if they cant thier is no question this horriable titan passing game cant keep up and the titans will suffer thier 1st loss of the season...

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We need to win this one. We have a tough stretch coming up against some good defenses soon.

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

IMO our passing defense has always been suspect. Last year when Haynesworth went down we were unable to get to the QB which then gave opposing offenses all day to pick us apart. Carson will not get this chance and he is not to good throwing off his back. The Bengals offensive and defensive lines are very poor and even without Haynesworth I think we will get to Palmer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar