Game 15 Preview: Tennessee Titans at Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Still mathematically alive for a playoff berth, the 7-7 Titans go to Buffalo this week to face the 7-7 Bills in a playoff elimination game. The winners’ hopes will remain alive for another week; the losers will have to wait until next year.

The Titans are coming off a 24-17 win over Jacksonville for their fifth in a row and seventh in nine games. The Bills shut out the Dolphins 21-0 last week and are now 5-2 in their last seven games.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001963.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

The Bills are tough at home...plus it will prob be freezing, It'll def be a tough game but i say we pull it off and walk out of there with a W

3. 10EC

10EC Guest

I think this is a perfect matchup.
    None of the experts really have any idea regarding the capabilities of either team.
    Both are hot, having beaten teams that are sure to be in the playoffs.
    Both have done so after coming off of rough starts.

I like what we have done. I like where we are heading.

But...This is Orchard Park in December against a team that is as least as hungry as ours, with a qb who is probably a little better at this instant.

Buffalo 19. Titans 16.
    The difference coming off of a special teams field position play.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

This is going to be a really tough game. Buffalo has been playing some good ball, and I think we drop this one.

5. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

we'll win, dont be negative, why should we lose anyway? What makes you think that?

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Were bound to lose one. I hope we win but ah.

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Many similarities between the two teams. The Bills started 2-5 and flipped it to a 5-2 record afterwards. The Titans started 0-5 and are now on a 5-0 run. Both teams' turnarounds came after they made changes in the O-line. Both teams are ranked near the bottom of the league in rushing defense, and both play cover-2 most of the time in pass defense.

Tennessee averages 4.6 yards per rush, sixth best in the league.

Buffalo averages 3.7 yards per rush, 26th best in the league.

Advantage to the Titans, and in a game played in wet, cold, and windy conditions, it could be a big advantage when the passing game will be hampered by the weather.

8. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

why dont you think were going to win... thats just stupid

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

:suspect: doubters, oh well i think we're going to win, i dunno call me what you want, but im the kind of fan who just thinks we can win each week, never a doubt in my mind that we wont

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Why does it say the field is grass? Did RW stadium dump the astroturf?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar