Pre-Game Thread Game 10: Titans @ Steelers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Nov 13, 2017.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2017.
  1. Titans by 1-3

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Titans by 4-6

13 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Titans by 7-9

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. Titans by 10-13

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  6. Steelers by 1-3

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Steelers by 4-6

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  8. Steelers by 7-9

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. Steelers by 10-13

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. Steelers by 14 or more

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

We HAVE to win this game/the Rams game and beat Jacksonville to win the division assuming they win til week 17. I doubt they'll win out though. They will lose a game they should win at some point.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

21C79E36-EA05-4BC4-88FA-C9D46245F7E8.jpeg

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This game will tell us a whole lot about our secondary.

Big Ben keeps plays alive, our pass rush has been non-existent. Antonio Brown, Bryant, JuJu and Eli Rogers are the best WRs we've faced so far.

Our DLine really needs to have a big game.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah, but this game is huge for our season.

Win (and keep going and win the division), and we have buzz. We are a team that goes into the playoffs with possibilities of making some noise.

Lose, and we are clinging to a berth by our fingernails, setting ourselves up for another heartbreak with the jags. And maybe make the playoffs as a “meh, who cares, they ain’t doing nothing” team.

My excitement about this season goes way up if we win. Way way down with a bad loss. A close loss, and I’m about the same.

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Interesting stats: The Titans have been pretty good against big plays. 2nd best in the league vs passing plays of 20+. Plus, Big Ben has a 41 passer rating when throwing 15+ through the air.

Haven't looked at the run stats,but the Titans have been good against the run, 6th in the league giving up just 90 yards per game, while Pit is averaging about 106 a game.

Pittsburgh is usually a high powered offense but it looks like the Titans match up pretty well this season. I think it all boils down to turnovers and play calling. Pittsburgh is a stout defense, can Robiskie and Co figure out how to get the offense rolling...?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Being patient IMO is not the best strategy against the Steelers as Murlarkey is suggesting. They gotta come out the same way they did against the Bengals, keep them guessing:Misdirection,spread em out, read option, etc. Pitt is not a team you wanna play the “wait and see approach” despite their offensive struggles. It’s Imperative we dictate how this game is going to go as opposed to waiting for the Steelers to screw up.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Jacksonville ain't winning out.

We can lose this game and srill win the division. Especially with a head to head matchup week 17

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. bupac

bupac Starter

We had a head to head with them last year with our playoff hopes on the line...

Jags are a good team this year so I'm not betting on us winning the division yet.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

We pretty much have to run the table starting tonight to win the division. Look at the Jags remaining schedule (minus Week 17). It's a cakewalk for them. We can only hope that Bortles....does a Bortle to set them back 1 game at some point.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The Browns will beat the Jags on Sunday. Mark my words..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar