Game 10 Preview: Tennessee Titans (9-0) at Jacksonville Jaguars (4-5)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: This Sunday, the Tennessee Titans take their 9-0 record into enemy territory to take on their AFC South rivals the Jacksonville Jaguars. Entering the season, many of the prognosticators felt the Jaguars would be sitting atop the AFC South right now with the Titans pulling up the rear. But due to a number of injuries and less than stellar defensive play against the run, the Jags find themselves needing this win to keep any playoff hopes alive.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

If we can come out early and stop the run and put alot of heat on Garrard i like our chances. Every time we play Jacksonville, who ever wins in the trenches wins the game the majority of the time

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Very nice analysis... This game, the Jets and Colts are the ones that make me a little nervous. I think the Jags are by far a weaker team right now - partially from injuries, but maybe more from leadership and coaching. They seem to be falling apart at the seams, which makes it tough to know what to expect. The desperation element makes you think the Titans will need to weather the storm early and could easily be down at the half. But at the end of the day the Titans lines should take over this game as they have all year.

On the flip side, if the Jags can't get anything going early to give them hope of the upset and the Titans are able to jump out to an early lead I could see this one getting ugly fast. Simply based on how these 2 teams are playing right now this could be an exception to the usual close slug-fests. If the Titans are up by 10 points at the half, I'd put bets on the defense racking up turnovers in the 2nd as the Jags press to salvage their season.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

being 9-0 means the Jags and Crowd will be into that game way more. Nothing would be greater for a 4-5 to end a winning streak of an unbeaten team.

Jags will come to play, Del Rio will take big gambles on 4th downs. We will be burned on a couple 4th downs by Garrards Running. our D has their work cut out for them.

6. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

All 4 jags fans will be whooping it up!

7. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I don't see the jags putting more then 14 on us. If thats the case, the way our passing game has come together recently, I think we score more then 14, we haven't had any team score more then 21 all year and honestly I don't see the Jags doing it to our defense at this point. The previous oppenents and how each team played will have a profound influence on the game.

First of all, the Jags played the Lions, and they know it. They won't let that win get to their heads, but you have to wonder how they will respond if we come out and punch them in the mouth, unlike the Lions did. Our defense will come out firing on all cylinders because if we can stop them ealy and often, and let our offense get going, the Jags will not be able to come back. The key will obviously be to stop their running game, while not giving up the big play in the passing game. If we do this look for the jags to tire early.

Secondly, We had one of the best passing performances of the year last week when we needed it. This will not only open up the run for this week, because the Jags will not be as aggressve against the run because they know we can beat them through the air, but we will have a much more balanced, and more successful day on the offensive side of the ball.

So taking these two things into consideration I see us winning 23-10.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I just want home field advantage in the playoffs. We have to lock up these division games. I want LP field to play "Put On" by Young Jeezy when we have home field advantage, that would be SICK. I put on for my city, on on for my city.

9. halt

halt Starter

I may be dreaming, (I don't smoke anything), but I remember Fish's comment some years ago, when he talked about playing a play off game in Jacksonville, the Titan's second home. I think that we are again in that situation. I think the Titans will dominate with the run game, defense and special teams. Offense will score 2 TD's, spc tms 1 TD, and defense one. with one fld goal. Total 31 to 17 (Jags 2 TD's and 1 FG).

GO TITANS!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar