Gaither to the ravens and Oliver to the chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I wasn't sold on either of them. I wouldn't have criticized oliver in the 4th, but I would have in the third. I wouldn't have touched the tackle with a 6th.

2. GoTitans3801

Also, if we're counting on the supplemental draft, we're already screwed.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Just because it is the "supplemental" draft doesn't mean these guys are left over crap or something. These same guys would probably be drafted as high or high in the normal draft had they played this year. The Ravens got a huge bargain IMO, huge. Watch this guy become Ogden's replacement for the next decade. Oliver was also a real nice cover 2 CB who may be as good as Griffin at the CB position.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Man... I really wanted Oliver.

5. GoTitans3801

True, you can occassionally find a decent player in the supplemental draft. But come on, it's not like we should be relying on that.

Those guys could both be big talents, but they're also big risks. The tackle hated school, maybe it just wasn't for him, but that could also point to a number of other problems that may mean he can't handle the NFL either. Oliver could be hit or miss. I was surprised when his 40 time was so much slower than expected.

Of course we don't know, and of course they could be great, but they are risky picks, so I don't see any reason to get upset about "missing out."

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

You are forgetting the most important thing.
    These players are on other teams now, so we must hope they are miserable failures!

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We are relying on the supplemental draft.

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

We're ranked higher in the draft than both of those teams which means WE could have gotten Oliver for a fourth and Gaither for a fifth. Would of been a risk worth taking IMO.

9. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I thought the draft order was randomly determined for the supplemental.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar