Future Uncertain for Many of the Titans OL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The agent for T Brad Hopkins has said it appears his client won't be a part of the Titans after a 13-year career. But other members of the offensive line may also be in doubt. G Zach Piller's status is the most uncertain. He is scheduled to earn a base salary of $2.5 million in '06 and has a $250,000 roster bonus. G Benji Olson is currently scheduled to earn $3 million in '06 but there have been some talk in lowering that number and bringing him back. C Justin Hartwig is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent on March 3 and it doesn't appear the Titans are close to signing him.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

The way the O line played last I say we need a revamp

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Revamp? maybe...

Hopkins was at the end of his productive playing days and simply making too much money. That cut is understandable. Why is piller an issue though? Makes no sense. Piller only costs us $3.5M against the cap and is signed until 2009. Why would we want to get rid of a player who is paid what he is worth? Sounds stupid.

We need to get olson's contract down a couple of million and keep him and try and upgrade at center. You can't just trade in your entire line. To replace hopkins, olson and hartwig is too radical and then to talk as if piller will be gone makes no sense.

Who wrote this anyway?

4. Piller is probably safe since cutting him saves very little. We can save a lot by cutting Olson and replacing him with Bell.

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

And Hartwig will walk in FA, too. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Reese saw something at the combine. Or maybe Munchak is convinced in the guys we picked last year...

6. Maybe they intend to take Mangold in round 2...

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That pick wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar