Future QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Vince AND Kerry are ONLY winning QB's because of the systems they are in. If either had an average defense, NEITHER would be a winner.

You're saying you want to keep Vince because he went 10-6 last year. If we had a corner who gave up EVERY passing touchdown making our defense as a whole look bad, and our offense put up 30 points a game, keeping the team at 10-6 should we keep that corner? Wouldn't replacing that guy make the team better? Or do you think because he was a starting part of a 10-6 team, that he's a keeper too?

2. DJB

DJB Starter

I'll go over this again.....those are almost the same stats as Kerry Collins had at the same point in his career. But like most QB's do over time he got wiser and figured out how to win games. We're comparing a young QB who has a lot to learn to a old vet QB who has seen it all. I want Collins as the starter but I also dont want to let Vince go because he's played like what he is.....a young QB still learning the game. It's not a bad thing to have a QB with a lot of potential on the roster getting to watch a grizzled vet.

3. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

I am saying we should see what we have in Vince and shouldn't let him go just because some fans are a little less progressive than others.

I am also saying that, sticking with your analogy, some people believe we have found a superior corner when in fact the two corners are the same.

I am saying that we shouldn't give up on a young corner that has shown nice potential.

I am saying that while we should stick with the older corner, we should be prepping the younger corner to step in at any point, in case the older guy falters.

You are saying we should get rid of the younger corner because you have some personal issues with him and because the ball bounced our way a couple more times this year than it did last year.

Again, the difference in records can not be solely placed on the QB switch. That is not the only change that was made to the team and it is not even the biggest difference (#29 Chris Johnson being the biggest). Until you admit that, I can't even take you seriously because I've already said that I wouldn't waste my time debating people whose opinions are based on anything other than actual play and stats.

Basically giving up on a third year, first round draft pick QB whom we've seen can be successful is stupid.

P.S.- Denying the fact that Young has had some success before will only make you look irrational so don't do it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Because I think Vince is terrible, it means I think CJ is too? Now, this is getting interesting. Young had CJ in week 1, we saw how that worked out.

When a guy is getting paid $58m over a 5-year span, if they show no progress after 3 years, you don't feel it's time to maybe consider other options? Most people given that much money are ALREADY ready to be successful. Vince's learning curve is well...a bit delayed if he ever t urns around.

5. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

You misread about the CJ thing. I don't know what you're talking about.

Young had CJ for 1 game and by your logic we should get rid of KC because he hasn't been great in every game he's played with CJ.

As for the QB curve, Matt Ryan is an outlier, not a norm. As for Young's third year, we haven't really seen him in it because he's been sitting and he's not sitting because the coaches have given up on him, but because Collins was winning and you don't change things when you're winning.

You really have me shaking my head as I'm typing. This is ridiculous, are you even trying?

No one says "Oh this QB sucks time to get rid of him" in his third year! Most QBs suck until about their 4th or 5th year.

That's it. I won't respond anymore. I can't believe I'm having this conversation.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I must've missed that. Where did someone imply that you thought that?

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Vince showed his hand in his rookie season. He played great and won some games on his own - with his legs. Taking a quick glance at Super Bowl winning Qb's should be all the proof you need that it takes a guy with an arm. Not legs.

Unless your idea of successful is maxing out as a wildcard birth and getting embarrassed against a quality opponent, then yea, vince is a great choice. Solid defenses salivate at a one-dimension QB like Vince. We're not in College anymore, Dorothy.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

from morpheus:

That is not the only change that was made to the team and it is not even the biggest difference (#29 Chris Johnson being the biggest). Until you admit that, I can't even take you seriously because I've already said that I wouldn't waste my time debating people whose opinions are based on anything other than actual play and stats.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

nate,

that quote doesn't suggest you think CJ sucks.

10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

excuse me Morpheus? #29 Chris Johnson? This guy is not a Titans fan. He is a Houston homer who wants to see his homeboy "V-Why?".

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar