Future of the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i like fisher as a coach but i dont think its fair to blame it all on him, schwartz sucks and chows offense still hasnt turned out so i dont think fishers the problem

2. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

I think we have some talent, but not a lot. On defense, you have Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth (I know he has character issues, but he is a legit player if he can get pass this), we have Thornton and Bulluck at LB and Pac Man and Hope in the secondary. That is a lot of holes to fill. 5 of the 11 starting positions are rather pathetic. I still think Schwartz has to go because the team is not behind him. As far as offensively, I like our backs, I like our WRs, I hope Young is the QB for the future or we are really screwed for the next few years. I would replace the guards, and the verdict is still out on Bell at tackle. Roos is going to be awesome. I truly believe the saving grace for Fisher will be if Chow gets to stay. If we are going to go ahead and play Young now, then fire Fisher and Chow, what the heck was the point in starting Young because he is going to have to start from scratch with a new OC. I don't think we can do that to Young if we want to be better next year, and surely 41 million can buy some defensive guys and a couple of OL. I think we will be fine in a year or so, but we have to let Chow and Young continue to work together next year or we are toast for years to come!!!

3. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Your team is in need of a major overhaul. Its sad that with all the tools you have at your disposal your not able to deliver. Your team has lost a great deal of respect (due to players i dont even need to name cause im sure you've heard it all) and your coaches are no longer able to control the situation. I only hope you guys can pull it together before the team goes under completely. I dont like playing for handouts.

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

We understand that more than you think. It's been like this for a while: replace Hill, Sirmon, Thompson, and Shortz (DC).

5. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

Fisher is a snake. He's gotta be the first to go.
    [​IMG]

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And yet no changes are made to the starting lineup, hmm, makes you wonder...

Thompson and Hill are below average players and have to go, but they are the only below average players we have on defence. Everybody else, even Sirmon, is average or better.
    And maybe getting rid of Thompson and Hill would improve our defence enough to save Schwartz' hide, but they're still playing so we don't know.

Laboy, Robaire, Starks and Sirmon are by no means pathetic, they're just average. The difference is good teams can win with a number of average guys on their team. Just look at NE this past weekend beating Cincy with Hank Poteat, Artrell Hawkins, Mike Wright and Jarvis Green seeing a lot of playing time. Those players are not individually better than Laboy, Robaire, Starks or Sirmon.
    If you look around the league you'll see many teams with 3-4 average players on defence and still be competitive.

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Saying that Fisher wanted Collins sooner is not exactly a sterling defense of his judgement.

Wanting Collins at all leads me to question anyone's judgement. Clearing the air about that, and getting to the bottom off it would help to sort out where the changes need to be made.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Let's be honest here....
    That is because you hate and have bashed Collins from day one, including before the first game. It is possible that, had he been here at the beginning of camp, his play may have been very different.
    Fisher felt we needed an experienced QB... I don't recall any other veteran QB's that were out there at the time.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it's safe to say I'm the only one on this forum that gets that gif.

sad but true. (the meaning)

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

gay fat cannibal giraffe of a different color?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar