Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Future Of Franchise Looking Positive After Many Changes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Apr 18, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,361
    Please explain. I don't see bust at all, at worse he'll be a top 18 QB.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,709
    well 18 guys have to be.

out of curosity where do you rank that cripple in DC ?
  2. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,546
    Perry Fewell, Dinger, Mike Mularky.
  3. DeeT04 Starter

Moolah:
    $858
    What have you seen in Locker that says "franchise" qb??? He looks like a game manager more then anything. And I would be fine with that if we had a proven defense and nice running game. But we don't.
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,579
    He did look like a game manager at times, but look who he had calling the plays..

Jake Locker has plenty of performances where he was turned loose and out played the defense. Dowell Loggains was a hindrance to our offense last year, a detriment really.
    GoT and titan520 high five this.
  5. Ontario Titan Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $826
    DE or OLB or does it matter?
  6. DeeT04 Starter

Moolah:
    $858
    I agree Locker came into a bad coaching staff and who knows what he would look like in a new system. That is the only reason I'm tolerate of him starting next season. I still want to see him compete against a rookie in training camp.
  7. Titans2004 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,635
    We would be doing it the opposite of SD. They had Brees a 2nd rnd pick and then drafted/traded for Rivers in the top 5. Obviously in that situation you are going to give the top 5 pick the starting job. In our situation we have Locker who was picked early in the 1st and after several years he has yet to prove that he is the franchise guy. Their is nothing wrong in spending a 2nd rnd pick to give Locker some competition, to upgrade our backup QB over Whitehurst, and to possibly prepare for the future if Locker doesn't prove to be the guy.

Again we would be using the depth in the draft at QB to our advantage as well.

To me it makes plenty of sense to draft a QB in the 2nd after getting an impact player in the 1st.
  8. Fairweather Fan Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $2,388
    My point is that San Diego gave up on Brees as being "the guy" too early. I'm not ready to give up on Locker yet. If we draft a QB earlier than the fifth idiots will be calling for him to start before the preseason and Locker won't get an opportunity to prove himself.

What does the place that Brees and Rivers were picked have to do with anything I said?
  9. LosingBy3 Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,799
    I'm giving Locker one more chance, because he deserves it, considering the joke that was our coaching staff the past three seasons. If he shows more promise this coming season, i'll back him up, fully.

But I still think we should consider drafting someone fresh to take over, just in case he gets hurt, and chances are, he will. And when the odds are stacked like that, I don't like betting on a lame horse. Locker has two options in the future, become the next Drew Brees, or the next Charlie Whitehurst. He can either play, or organize, and manage.

I just think we shouldn't put all our chips on Locker just because of his history with injuries, and if you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it. Snag a rookie in the draft, and secure the future.