Future Of Franchise Looking Positive After Many Changes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Please explain. I don't see bust at all, at worse he'll be a top 18 QB.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well 18 guys have to be.

out of curosity where do you rank that cripple in DC ?

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Perry Fewell, Dinger, Mike Mularky.

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

What have you seen in Locker that says "franchise" qb??? He looks like a game manager more then anything. And I would be fine with that if we had a proven defense and nice running game. But we don't.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He did look like a game manager at times, but look who he had calling the plays..

Jake Locker has plenty of performances where he was turned loose and out played the defense. Dowell Loggains was a hindrance to our offense last year, a detriment really.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

DE or OLB or does it matter?

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I agree Locker came into a bad coaching staff and who knows what he would look like in a new system. That is the only reason I'm tolerate of him starting next season. I still want to see him compete against a rookie in training camp.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We would be doing it the opposite of SD. They had Brees a 2nd rnd pick and then drafted/traded for Rivers in the top 5. Obviously in that situation you are going to give the top 5 pick the starting job. In our situation we have Locker who was picked early in the 1st and after several years he has yet to prove that he is the franchise guy. Their is nothing wrong in spending a 2nd rnd pick to give Locker some competition, to upgrade our backup QB over Whitehurst, and to possibly prepare for the future if Locker doesn't prove to be the guy.

Again we would be using the depth in the draft at QB to our advantage as well.

To me it makes plenty of sense to draft a QB in the 2nd after getting an impact player in the 1st.

9. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

My point is that San Diego gave up on Brees as being "the guy" too early. I'm not ready to give up on Locker yet. If we draft a QB earlier than the fifth idiots will be calling for him to start before the preseason and Locker won't get an opportunity to prove himself.

What does the place that Brees and Rivers were picked have to do with anything I said?

10. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

I'm giving Locker one more chance, because he deserves it, considering the joke that was our coaching staff the past three seasons. If he shows more promise this coming season, i'll back him up, fully.

But I still think we should consider drafting someone fresh to take over, just in case he gets hurt, and chances are, he will. And when the odds are stacked like that, I don't like betting on a lame horse. Locker has two options in the future, become the next Drew Brees, or the next Charlie Whitehurst. He can either play, or organize, and manage.

I just think we shouldn't put all our chips on Locker just because of his history with injuries, and if you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it. Snag a rookie in the draft, and secure the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar