Future Of Franchise Looking Positive After Many Changes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Tommie is a breath of fresh air because he obviously understands that fan perception matters. For years, Bud didn't which is fine as long as you're winning. When things started to tank, Bud was unwilling to reach out to fans with new stadium features, etc. Maybe his focus was on producing a winner which is job #1 but, in today's NFL, it takes more than a playoff game every few seasons and it's harder than ever to produce a consistent winner.

I will remain cautiously optimistic for now. I like what I'm hearing but it's really nothing different than I've heard before wrapped in a different package.

As far as I'm concerned, you have to talk the talk before you walk the walk but all these banquets for PSL owners, stadium tours, better concessions, wifi, etc. isn't more than Tommy trying to generate enthusiasm. If it isn't followed up with a winner, none of it matters, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Except that there are only 3 maybe 4 "ever down RB's" this draft, anything in the 4th or later is a role guy. I dont mind RBBC but if you can get a top 10 talent at 42 you do it every time. Hyde and Mason any other year are 1st day picks, so if we get a shot at one of them, I want.

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

We don't have a viable #2 QB and are having private workouts with quite a few of these QB's. I'd put my money on them taking one.

I'm sure Ruston and Whiz love Jake and all, but they're also fully aware that, given his fondness for injury, there's not much standing in the way of Charlie Whitehurst being the starter. We'll find someone better than Whitehurst and maybe someone that can match Locker.....someone that won't commit many mistakes.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

2nd round would be, imo, the perfect round to go RB. We'll pretty much have our pick out of the whole class and he should be able to come in and get the majority of carries right away. I'm really hoping for Carlos Hyde.

As far as QB goes, I believe in Locker's talent but not his body. I would hate to see us pass on a QB this year just to see Locker go down halfway through the season and we're stuck watching Whitehurst. Then we draft a QB next year and have to go through those potential growing pains. Would at least like to grab a QB sometime in the draft, doesn't have to be 1st round.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah I'm not buying this. Yes, teams don't just look at immediate needs in the draft they try and plan for the future but at the same time a team isn't going to pass up one player or position just because the potential of a draft class down the road, that's how teams get burned.

Every year it's, "well the next QB class is better/deeper". Then when that class is ready to be drafted it just becomes an endless cycle. I remember last off season we referenced this draft class because of Bridgewater, or the year before that thinking Barkley was a main guy, or the year before that etc etc.

It may not be a QB year for us but if Bridgewater is there at 11 and we pass because of the potential class next year then I'll be upset and I'm sure a few others will be as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Hyde and Mason are not top 10 talent. If they were then you would hear people talking about them in the top 10.

I think their are plenty of solid 4th rnd or later RBs who could contribute just fine.

I think their will still be value in the 2nd rnd at one of the more important positions like QB, OT, pass rusher, or CB.

7. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I'm giving Jake one more year. While this is an exceptional depth in this QB class I don't see a "Franchise QB" in the draft. There is some obvious potential but not a day one starter that can out compete Locker. The only QB in this draft that could make a difference this season is Manziel and I don't want anything to do with the guy. He has the potential to either be great or to set this franchise back 5 years. If Locker doesn't work out this year we can go QB next year. Our only hope for this season is Locker.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I love the thread title, finally a thread that isn't centered around you know who. That said though, I totally disagree with the OP.

Hiring Munchak wasn't a good hire because he wasn't the best coach that money would have gotten us at the time. Had Bud been willing to open up his wallet and replace Fish with the best coach money could buy, we would have gotten a legit big name coach. However I think that Munchak definitely had the resume and tenure with the organization that did warrant hiring him. Signing MH and drafting Locker were both great personnel decisions. Filling his coaching staff is where Munchak failed horribly and is the reason he is gone.

I'm not ok with our QB situation as of right now. I don't want us to take a QB in the 1st unless it's Bortles or Manziel. I'm not a Bridgewater fan definitely not in the 1st. AJ McCarron or Aaron Murray in the later rounds would be ideal. Both are smart, polished QBs. I love Jake. That said though, I just don't feel that we can rely on him to be the guy. I hope I'm wrong because I really want him to ball out of control, his track record for staying healthy are what worry me most about him though.

I hated the decision to cut CJ but I understand it and I accept it. I loved Steve, Eddie, DMase and hated seeing them leave but changes have to be made and I realize that. I am glad that we brought in Whisenhunt and believe that he's got what it takes to lead this team where we want to go. Overall I am very optimistic looking forward. We still have a solid core and much room for improvement. The future is bright and I expect great things from this team. Excited for the draft and ready for some damn football already. Go Titans!

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

We're going cornerback round 1. Qb round 2 and rb round 3(or vice versa)

Just my thoughts on it

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Sadly we have no 3rd so we have to make all of our picks count. Must be diligent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar