FS Vonn Bell to visit with Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Arrow, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Or we did in fact pull off a trade and they have extra picks to work with...

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I want Ramsey at #1. I also don't want to trade further back than 4 because we need elite talent, and I'd hate to see the jags get one and us not. That said, I don't know much about Jack. If he could be a Keickly (sp?) Type, I'd be cool with it. Defensive QB in the middle.

That said, we still need CB help and a true #1. I'm not willing to overpay McCourty on his next deal, and he'll want to go to a competitor. I'd rather have that spot dealt with now then to be screwed later.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes, I just don't think that's a viable option unless we settle for a weak offer...

Either way, if we take Bell at 33, we certainly wouldn't have taken Ramsey at 1.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Myles Jack is nowhere near the type of LB Kuechly is/was. Myles Jack was an excellent athlete that got moved from RB bc he wasn't good enough. He's just an athlete at LB coming off a major knee injury. Nowhere near elite LB instincts and would mostly project to a WLB.

Big city hype for a guy that's only made 14 impact(sacks,ff, INT, TFL) plays in 2+ years.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 615nick

615nick Starter

Ray lewis also was switched from rb because he wasn't good enough. Not that i think jack will ever be the mlb ray was. But, jack is a very different kind of lb. He is undersized, fast and extremely athletic. I don't think he's worthy of a top 5 pick, but top 10 most certainly. If a team is going to take him and use him correctly, then they'll move him around a lot. He can play nb and s depending on who he's going against. Lbs that can cover elite talents are very rare and hes one of those guys.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Cheers for Bringing up Ray Lewis. So in the last 5 posts someone has compared athletic Myles Jack to 2 of the most instinctive MLBs of the last 25 yrs.

Myles Jack is an elite athlete. No way in hell he will ever be put at Nickelback and or Safety, unless you mean box Safety who never drops into coverage(Mark Barron). Imagine him in the same role as Shaq Thompson out of Washington last year.

7. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Dude, 1 guys said IF he is Kuechly he'd like the pick. Basically admitting he knows nothing about Jack but if he's like Kuechly (a really really good player) he's support it. Then another poster says hey Ray lewis made the switch from RB to MLB so its not impossible.

You took that as them comparing Jack to 1st ballot type guys. Relax... don't be such a forum nazi.

PS: You clearly know nothing about Myles Jack if you say "No way in hell will he ever be put at NB or Safety" ... did you see him play? The guy lines up at NB and Safety a ton at UCLA and stuck to TEs hips. He's the new breed LB/Safety Hybrid. Way better in coverage than mark barron.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Yup, I'm the first to admit I know little to none about the guy. That's why I'm glad this FO finally has a GM I feel I can trust when it comes to evaluating talent.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I don't think we trade the pick, but it is smart to be prepared either way.

10. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Jon Robinson appears to be all over Vonn Bell..

Dick LeBeau, Jon Robinson & Company made a trip to North Columbus today (3/30) for a private workout of Vonn Bell (& Tyvus Powell)

Titans hosting private workout at Ohio State

LGHL - Former Ohio State legend Dick LeBeau joins the Titans in Columbus for private workout | BuckeyePlanet

@1tyvis and @thevonnbell7 are getting worked out by the Tennessee Titans GM, Head Coach, DC, Director of College Scouting and Area Scout.

Robinson even played some QB during the drills

. robinqb.JPG

also worked out were Bosa, Washington, and Lee

#70 Broken Arrow, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar