Frustration Building in Titans Locker Room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

They should have known Collins was not capable of being a quality starter before signing him to a $2M deal.

Getting him off the roster and out of the locker room (which he cannot and will not lead) is the best option going forward.
    Yes, it is a $2M mistake. Best to take that hit and move on.

2. I repeat...

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Stupid is as stupid does...

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Well, actually they do. OK, so # 4 was a joke (although might explain some things), but I would think the head coach would see a correlation between his starting QB and his job security.

The only other thing I see as a possibility is that this was a Fisher/Reese disagreement from way back that Reese was winning until Bud hired the new guy. What's your take on that theory? The timing makes sense.

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

in the preseason and training camp Volek and Fisher/Chow must have had a HUGE disagreement on something...that is the only logical reson for all of this...

6. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

somewhat confirmation.....

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/56257/115

Volek was named as the starter by Titans coach Jeff Fisher after the team traded Steve McNair to Baltimore in June. But Volek expressed his unhappiness with the coaching staff's plan to play rookie Vince Young for a few snaps in each game.

That caused Titans general manager Floyd Reese to sign veteran quarterback Kerry Collins late in the preseason.

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Locker room cancer...blah blah blah...1.3 passer rating...blah blah blah...no leadership presence,

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

There is NOTHING to prove that Collins has brought discontent the locker room. IF there is any, I would think it would be directed towards the front office not Collins himself.
    This is another one of those cases of "No one here is in that locker room to know for sure".

Collins play has been abysmal...but so has the ENTIRE offense. The line, the dropped passes, the running game, etc...
    I'm not about to defend his play, but there are 10 other guys out there with him that have looked abysmal as well.

9. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Yeah and you worship Renaldo Hill, the worst Corner in the NFL.

10. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Collins brought discontent to the locker room by supplanting Volek.
    He demonstrated that no matter how much dedication you give the team, the staff and managment might turn you out on a whim at any moment.

Is that so difficult to see?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar