Frustration Building in Titans Locker Room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Which leads to the question, "Was Billy #3 as soon as Collins signed?" I wonder if there was competition for the #1 spot until Billy spoke out.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i think that is the point of all of this...they wanted the scenario all along where the starter would step aside (say after the bye week) and let Vince run things...collins will do this happily, volek wouldn't have...thus he will be a charger later today...

3. There is NO WAY that the Titans signed Kerry Collins to a $2M deal plus incentives thinking he might possibly be the #3 QB. No way at all...

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I don't think they had much choice if they thought they were going to win this year. Young wasn't ready, Volek was unproven health wise and performance wise, Mauck was a disaster and there was no one else on the market. They had the cap room to do it. It's possible they said, "maybe he's the #1, maybe he's the #3," but there was a definite perceived need.

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I was thinking there is NO WAY they would be stupid enough to sign KFC at all. But it goes to show, they are capable of any stupidity.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

trade Volek, sign Mauck and let him start..no worse than Collins :ha:

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I totally agree with that statement.

Gunny, how has your opinion of the guy stayed the same. His play has been abysmal and his presence has brought discontent in our locker room.

From what I saw on Sunday he basically under threw half his passes and gave us no shot at even attempting a drive. The only first down we had in the first half came off of a penalty and it was while Young was in. I think our D could actually play better if they could of had some time on the sidelines. Our time of possession was 4:58 in the first half! That means out D was on the field 25:02! If our offense was doing anything and we were the 9-7 or what ever the crazy predictions were that would have been San Diego’s TOP for the entire game much less the first half.

If our offense can not start playing better how can we expect our D to stop the other team from scoring?

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Mauck would be much worse than Collins.

But there is still no reason to support the notion that Volek would have done worse than Collins.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Do you really think that Volek did not see the writing on the wall when we took Young as our #1. I am sure he would have loved to show off his talent in the last year of his contract regardless of the amount of starts so he might take a starting role next season on the FA market. We have basically said to the NFL Volek is as good or worst then Kerry Collins now so he is totally worthless.

In the end if Volek really wanted to burn our team he could just refuse trades force us to release him or pay him $1 million for doing nothing and then see what he is worth on the market at the end of the season. With that trade clause and Fisher playing the bitter card (IMO) we are just cutting off our noses to spite our face.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Right, there was no time for the D to make adjustments when they are on the field. They had no time on sideline to discuss anything.

The QB position is the leadership of the entire team, and we have no leadership.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar