Front Office

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DeutschTitan, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Seeing that Bud has made himself a presence, as of late, in the Titans' FO affairs (i.e. see the McNair situation and remarks on who/what he wants us to draft his year) - do you guys think we should hire another Jeff Diamond type guy to keep Bud in check? I mean, when we had Diamond, we did have our better years...since then things havn't been too good. Thoughts?

2. H Man

H Man Guest

Jeff Diamond is (IMHO) largely responsible for our current cap situation. He did the same to the Vikings, screwed the pooch, then got fired and moved on. Didn't we replace Diamond with Bud's son, who had little or no experience? Kind of says a lot about what the owner thought of Diamonds performance. That being said, I wouldn't mind a FO organizational concept like the Pats, or something of that sort.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Bud owns this team. He can do just about anything he wants to do with it. I do not think that everything that Bud has invested into this team has come back to him, I'm sure he owes someone a lot of money. Loosing football teams do not generate the money of a winning football team. Bud is interested in making as much money as he can. Surely he is smart enough to do whatever it takes to get this team on top of the AFC South as soon as possible. If not for the team, then for the bankers!

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and his short life span.

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

If you owned a sports team that had performed like the Titans did the past two seasons, you'd probably get a little more involved in things too.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I have an Amen for both Gunny and Nigel. The one thing that worrys me about Bud the Dud is the same thing that is happening in Oakland and Dallas whereas the owners are taking too much of a management role. If I owned an NFL team, I would hire the best possible person to run it so I could stand on the sidelines and enjoy what I have.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

See, that's how I feel too. Maybe Diamond wasn't the best for the position, but maybe it's time someone came in and filled that position again.

8. Triumph

Triumph I keed, I keed...

I theenk Charlie Casserly might be lookeeng for a job. At leest he has an excuse for to carry a comb.

9. smili

smili Starter

If I owned a an NFL team I'd probably get too involved too. I don't see how with that much invested in an organization you could just remove yourself and let hired guns make the calls, especially when things have gone so bad in the past couple of years. Right now I'd definitely be putting my foot down and say no more character problems. Take them off the draft board.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I look at ownership like the Presidency. I hire the best people, but they are there to give me information, and then I make a decision as leader. I trust their knowledge, but only one person can possibly know everything about the organization, and that is the owner. He has complete vision of what's going on. nobody else does. You don't make deicisions from the bottom up. You make them from the top down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar