From Jeff Fisher and Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Why would I find another team, I'm a Fisher guy. 16 YEARS and the FACE of the Franchise and will be for years to come.

2. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Listen, you, like countless others that have Longhorns ties will take a bullet in the head for Vince Young, fine. But I live in the Nashville area, despise college football and the mockery it is and I'm not gonna turn my back on the head coach whose brought me so many memories for 16 years for a guy that made his name playing against teen athletes of which 95% couldn't sniff the NFL level and has NEVER won a big game as a pro. 3 years from now if Vince has "led" the Titans to 35 regular season wins and 3-5 playoff wins I will be on his jock like I was, am and always will be of the Great Steve McNair.

I wouldn't even be negative towards the "Kyle Orton" of the Titans if 95 out of 100 Vince Young slurpers didn't feel like they have to crucify Jeff Fisher if they support Young. Guys like Bill Parcells would have handled the Collins/Young situation the same exact way because if Jeff threw Young into the fire after week 4 he most likely would be 5-3 right now and who knows what the Indy and Pats game might have done for his confidence coming off the year that was. Of course Mike Vick apologist, (un)renown game predictor and 1 time SB winner with maybe the greatest QB EVER coach Tony Dungy would have started Young a lot sooner.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Also, this post is the very essence of a Vince Young fan. I'm a Titans fan so you could more than likely narrow down that I live in Tennessee or Texas. We aren't the Steelers, Cowboys or Packers with band waggoners galore. Therefore even if I liked college football why would I like Michigan or USC? Only a fan of a guy that was his/her hero 5 years ago in a "league" with 100+ teams would think another guy from TN/TX would carry a hate to that players NFL team messageboard and be on such a crusade.

4. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

I'm a VY fan. So what? If you were a Packer fan you might be Favre fan, right? Probably the Bears got some fans when Flutie was on their team too.

If you read my post, then you would have seen I've been a Oilers/Titans fan since 1974, before VY was born. Is that okay that I'm from Texas and support the team?

He insulted people from Texas as being unopen to argument about VY so he started the stupidity and he keeps bringing up VY quitting on the team. I will admit, VY was immature and handled the boos and criticism well. Maybe he realize aw crap, I don't know what the hell I'm doing, can't handle this and am going to hurt the team by throwing more interceptions. I can't go back in. Isn't that better than going back in and throwing more INT's because you don't want to 'quit on the team'?

He is now taking the job seriously and he is playing through injury. Can't you get over it and support him? Even a blind man can see he is better than KC already and has improved a lot. Look at common opponents this year. Did the offense play better with VY in there?

Look at the come from behind victories, the poise he has under pressure. DBC point that he doesn't play well under pressure is BS. Practically every game he has been in this year is a playoff game.

5. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Is this guy really a Titans fan?? Im confused

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

dbc thinks like Fisher does, so he'll argue you to death if you let him, and over nothing. He's the kind of fan that will look at stats and tell you about the game without watching it. I'm sure he does watch the games, but after Vince throws for 300 yards or for 3 TD's he'll still trash him for not getting 4 TD's or 400 yards passing.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Im sure some people were quite fond of Hitler also :grrhee:

9. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Absolutely. He's just trying to be realistic. Saying if Vince had been playing last year we'd be world champions is meaningless speculation that has no way of being proven. Its just a simple attack on Fisher, and some people here are tired of all this negativity. Jeez, we're all rooting for the same team here!

The VY that started against Jax in last year's opener isn't the same guy that's leading this team today, anyone who doesn't see that is either blind or in complete denial. Heck, he's not the same guy from this year's preseason! When Vince finally started again he didn't exactly set the world on fire from the get go. He went out and showed that during that time on the bench he had been learning and maturing mentally. And each week, he's gotten better and better. The last five or six weeks, he's finally shown he can be our franchise QB. And the best part is, he's still got plenty of room to grow as a quarterback. Why not be excited with that prospect instead of crying woulda, coulda, shoulda every other post?

I do think that dbc went a little too far in his assessment of Vince in his initial post, but he was responding to an inflammatory statement from the original poster. Its the internet, ridiculous threads breed ridiculous posts.

Go Titans!

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't think dbc is being understood here in the first place.

$.02

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar