Fresh Legs.................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANZFN09, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TITANZFN09

TITANZFN09 Starter

When the second half of the seaon starts to roll around and players dont have that same pep in their step, what do we do.........? Maybe the plan is to throw the rookie at them, Chris Henry. Learn the game a little better from the sidelines by watching how the vets do it, the maybe, just maybe we have a running game that doesnt quit. A combination of CB's speed and LW's strength with fresh legs............just a thought

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Teams win games in the second half of the season by running the ball. Hopefully, splitting carries between White and Brown will keep both fresh down the stretch.

I think one or the other will have an injury at some point and Henry will get a shot. I hope we have a raging debate here on whether or not he should stay on the active roster each week based on how he responds.

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't think that we're wearing out our RB's.. Specially with two guys splitting up carries like they are. The only injury that worries me is if VY goes down. We can't replace him. We have pretty good depth at most postions, not all, but most... Collins coming in would be a disaster.. Losing any of our WR's would hurt as well... I guess when i refer to good depth I'm refering more to the Defensive side. I think we'll be ok for the long haul.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Actually he has not been on the sidelines because he wasn't active for a game yet but there isn't much to learn he is either good or he is not.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've actually been very surprised with the few things we've seen from collins. I have faith in him in Vince had to miss a game. That, of course, changes if we need to rely on him for more than say one or two weeks. He's a decent spot holder. Hey, he was 4/4 against the saints!

6. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

yes he has,i saw him on the sideline of the saints game.wearing a white sweater looking like busta rymes.being not active doesn't mean you get sent away from the stadium!

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I think that's the only way Henry is activated. We won't keep a 3rd RB active because that active roster spot is helping keep our defense fresh and giving us some options at WR.

I also think if Henry is activated, we won't see a 50/50 split of the carries. If Brown or White go down, the other guy can expect at least 90% of the carries the following week.

8. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

I would like to see him for a play or two...maybe. It depends on what goes on in pratice or whatever.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Inactive players are still able to stand with the team on sidelines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar