Freeney

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

If we chise to get one through the draft I want Jamaal anderson. Lots of potential and has every thing you need to be great size , burst, strenght, ect.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

jevon was the same way, we had pretty good run defenses with him. fact is, back in the day, jevon changed the way offenses ran plays and effected their blocking schemes. those type of guys are special, we dont even have an above average guy on the right side, let alone a special guy.

i would be all for going after freeney in free agency. i dont understand this whole "we would be better off with someone in the draft" when there is a 50/50 shot that guy is a bust and freeney is pretty much a known quantity.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Difference Makers - give me difference makers

Average players are readily available, heck the Titans got about 50 of them - lol

4. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I'd like to see Anderson if possible. I do think we need a good rusher opposite of KVB but I know we need a run stuffer.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Freeney shouldn't hurt the run D. Even so, our strongpoint on Defense is about to be our linebackers, and our weakness is painfully obvious - the secondary. So, what helps the secondary? A great pass rush. Imagine KVB and Freeney, that'd be monstrous. Then let the linebackers and DT's deal with the run. If you can stop the pass, you can stop offenses. Most yards are gained through the air throughout a game anyway. If teams believe they can't drop back and pass, you know what they will try. Half the battle's won.

6. Ctex

Ctex Guest

I agree. KVB and Freeney would feed off of each other and both of their numbers would go up. Plus the more offensive players committed to stopping those two the easier it is for the rest of the defense. I'm also still pondering what Adalius Thomas could do for us.

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

KVB and Freeney would be awesome, though I doubt it happens. KVB's stats went down this year because he was double teamed most of the time, but if you add Freeney to the other side... who are you going to double team? Our problems with generating a pass rush would most likely be solved.

8. I think Reese said that about Carter and Kearse before and I don't think it worked out as we hoped...(but Carter was a good run stopper.) I think Freeney is great but I would rather have a great run stuffer than Freeney.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

one of the two were never healthy at the same time. carter had a groin injury his entire first year and kearse fell apart after that.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Our RDE needs to be a pass rusher 1st and run stuffer 2nd. I do think having a guy like Freeney will improve KVB's sacks. Freeney will get the double teams and his rush will force the QB into KVB.

Carter never played up to the potential we had hoped for and Kearse was to often injured so I doubt there is a similarity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar