Freeney & Mathis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Definitely not against signing one of them. It feels like Freeney is the kind of big name signing we get and then he'll be hit with injuries.
    Though not being a WR would help that.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

They run at Mathis more because he usually plays on the strong side.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Freeney is untradeable with his current contract. No team is going to give up a draft pick to pay Freeney 14mil for 2012 and then have him hit FA in 2013.

It will be interesting to see how long the Colts try to hold onto him. Do they do the respectable thing and release him now or do they hold on to him until right before final cuts and dump him then.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Freeney is worth acquiring, but only if he's released.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

In my newest mock I have us getting Freeney then drafting Merclius and Chandler Jones in the 1st and 3rd rounds of the draft. Freeney can rotate with Morgan for running downs (2nd & 5 or 3rd & short) and rush the passer for us.

I'd love to put out Freeney|Casey|Klug|Merclius on 3rd and longs.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think they'll wait it out, simply to ease the minds of the Colts fans. Losing two franchise players in one week or so could really hurt the fanbase and potentially, the franchise.

With that said, Freeney is worth the money (after he gets a new contract).

Mario=Too expensive
    J. Jones=Too inconsistent
    Abraham=Too old

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Leave it to a genius like Paul Kuharsky to suggest that the Titans should trade their first round pick (!) for a player who is about to be released. What an idiot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Give Paul a break, where he's from you can't make left turns.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Freeney will get released. He's already said he is NOT playing in the 3-4. Colts have two capable starting OLBs for the 3-4. They're not going to pay Freeney all that money, when they can replace his position. Almost like the Mario Williams/Texans situation. Freeney is the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL in 2012.

Soon as he's released, I'd offer him a 3 year deal worth about 5 mil annually. That would make him a Top-15 paid DE (per year). Thaty'll give him the money he wants (he'll still be getting paid by the Colts due to buy-out rules) to convince him to come to TN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar