Freeney & Mathis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think either one could bring veteran leadership to the defense, something that we will really be missing, especially if Cortland walks. I think the leadership plus what they bring to the field would make either one a really valuable asset. Even if we just get 2 or 3 good years out of them, they can at least come in and mentor the young guys and get them ready to play.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It would be sweet to see Freeney sack Peyton Manning (if he's still a Colt).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

After years of not being allowed to touch him, I'm sure Freeney would love to sack Manning.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I haven't liked Freeney in a long time. I don't think you can find a more 1 dimensional player. Mathis seems a little more active.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

They were both pro bowlers in 2011 so I'd welcome either one.

6. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

i would prefer Freeny to Mathis. Both are equally great pass rushers but I think mathis is much more 1 demential. Freeney can play the run somewhat.....

Is it me or does it seem that many people are overlooking our issues against the run.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Really? He has averaged around 10-15 non-sack tackles per year over the last 5 years or so. Mathis seems to be a LOT more active.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

probowls are not always ways to judge people....im much rather throw the bank at mario who is sound in the run and pass, wants to play dend in a 4-3, has leadership i think? brings another edge to our defense that we havent had since the freak in his days....

9. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

from what I know/hear it seems that teams tend to favor mathis side of the ball.

But forgive me if I am wrong be cause I only watch 2 colts games a year.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think they run at Mathis more because Freeney got pulled for running downs quite a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar