Freeney & Mathis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I’m surprised this hasn’t come up more than it has.

Robert Mathis is heading towards unrestricted free agency and Dwight Freeney has a HUGE cap number ($19 million) this year, which the Colts might be looking to unload. Both could probably be had if the Titans pursued them. And both would definitely be cheaper than Mario Williams. Obviously both are older that Mario and have more wear and tear on their bodies than he does (Mathis is 30 and Freeney 32). But I think we should really give them both a look, especially Mathis. Though they might not be a long term answer to the DE position, I still think we could get a couple years good production out of both of them.

What say you?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

We're so young and talented at the dline right now, that we don't need to pursue a young guy to be our DE for now and the future. We can bring in freeney or mathis for their pass rushing expertise because that was our worst aspect of the Dline. Let the young guys develop, have a dece dline this year, and in the future have a studded one!

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

There's no way they both leave Indy.

I've talked about Mathis plenty of times though... I would love to have either player.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I read that Indy is switching to a 3-4 and Freeney has said that he won't play in that scheme. They aren't going to franchise Mathis so I think their is a very good possiblilty they lose both of those guys.

The Colts are going to have some serious cap $$$ to spend if they do cut Manning and then cut Freeney as well. They will be able to be major players in FA.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd love to have either of them. Freeney will get cut for sure if he doesn't re-structure his deal so I would be all for going after him. If they do cut him I expect them to re-sign Mathis. Both would be great but I'll definitely take Freeney. He could definitely teach Morgan and the rest of our guys a thing or two.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think a veteran presence (that can still compete on a high level) is needed on our D-line, whether that be Freeney, Mathis, or whoever else can actually make a difference.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Freeney maybe, Mathis no.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Freeney would be the kind of big name signing we go for and get and he'll just be injured.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We should sign these guys JUST so we can have them sack Manning/Luck every chance we get.

Outside of that, I really do not want them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar