Free valiums before yesterday's game?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Did I miss it? Was someone handing out oxycotins for free before the game? Because our crowd was SNOOZEfest.

I really can't remember a home opener being so quiet. I could've read a book. The section I'm in only stood up on scoring plays, never on defense series. My friends in the endzone were making the same complaints, that it was one of the quietest games he could remember.

I'm sure fans were down from the pittsburg game, myself included. I really thought there would be more no-shows with the overwhelming rain forecast, but the stadium seemed as full as normal. So what was our deal with the dead crowd?

I sure miss the 99 crowds where every game had a college atmosphere.

2. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

i think the crowd started off a little quiet but i think we got pretty raucous. i dont remember the entire stadium doing the bang on your seat thing like we did yesterday. it sounded like a stampede.

crowd also created a few false starts.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It used to be I rarely sat down on defense in close games. Now, I feel I'm going to have security on my butt for standing on a third-and-four because no one else is on the 21 rows in front of me.

Even on the final Texans drive with the game on-the-line the fans were not close to being as loud as I'd hoped. It was disappointing. LP Field isn't close to what it used to be.

It better be much improved for the Indy game.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If the defense ever got the Texans to punt I'm sure more would have cared. I quit standing after they got scorched 3 drives in a row. Too busy facepalming and cursing.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I'm sure the refs don't share your sentiments.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:grrhee: That is true and about as loud as we were yesterday.

But even the boobirds seemed quiet. I think VY was booed louder than the refs yesterday.

I feel ya. Friend and I were standing up getting beer from the beerman, during a defensive series for the Titans, and I clearly heard someone from behind say "down in front!"

It made me sad.

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I haven't been to as many games as most of you guys probably have but I actually thought the crowd was pretty loud. one of the louder games i've been to except the monday night game last season. I was in sec. 139 on sunday

not sure if it was heard all around the stadium but i think in maybe the third quarter the crowd was chanting...."refs you suck, refs you suck." it sounded like the the entire staduim was chanting it. i went back and watched it on tv and you can hear it

8. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

My girlfriend just moved down from New York and is a Giants fan as well as a Titans fan and I took her to her first game yesterday. She was not impressed with the crowd at all and I think that is a feeling shared by many outsiders visiting LP Field, as well as a contributing factor to why most of the country cares more about the color of envelopes they use when writing a thank you note to their great aunt than the Titans. It's great that Nashville is such a friendly town, but some people confuse this with complacency. I'm talking about the "it's just two games" crowd. This is not the NBA, regular season games count, especially when you are giving up Ws to lesser teams during your home opener. It hardly seems coincidental that most of the people who say not to worry about the season are the same people who think Vince Young "just needs more time" and that "if you cut the rope anything is possible." Sorry for the doom and gloom on a rainy day, but wake up alarms that work are seldom pleasant to hear.

9. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

My section stands up a lot of the game. It's funny cause the section next to us is all sitting down, and we're all standing up. Section 114.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I stand up on every 3rd down no matter what. I also stand up on every defensive series in the 4th quarter. My section (111) is pretty good, but there are too many old folks who aren't intense enough.

Our crowd was better than the Steelers'. I'm not just saying that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar