Free re-ups with Cowboys...glad he did

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

With Free resigning with the Cowboys it means Parnell should hit the open market. I like Parnell better because he is younger.

I hope we land either Newton, Parnell or Barksdale.

Newton is my preference because it would also hurt the Texans to lose him

2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Tell me a bit about Parnell...

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah, without googling it... i'm not even sure who Parnell plays for.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Via Wiki:

Dallas Cowboys
    The Dallas Cowboys' signed him to their active roster on October 14, 2010 with the intention of converting him to a full-time offensive tackle. [5] The next year he participated in his first six career games, playing in special teams and as a backup offensive tackle.

On April 26, 2012, he was re-signed to a three-year contract. That same season after Tyron Smith suffered a high ankle sprain against the Cleveland Browns, he replaced him as the team starting left tackle and also in the next game against the Washington Redskins. When Smith returned, he was worked into a regular rotation with starting right tackle Doug Free. The next year, he was expected to compete for the right tackle position with Free,[6] but suffered a hamstring injury during the preseason and fell behind.

In 2014, he started eight games at right tackle including the playoffs, after Free was sidelined with a foot fracture and an ankle injury.[7]

28 years old

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Undrafted out of Mississippi. Plays for cowgirls, 29 years old. Meh

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Your description was much better...:anon:

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea I had never even heard of Parnell...

Would seem like a pretty risky signing to me. Probably a lot easier for him to look good with the Cowboys OL. Here, probably not so much.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Must admit that I know damn near every player in the NFL, but this guy slipped my mind for some reason.

If we sign him, I guess I will look more into him.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Newton just signed a 5yr deal with the Texans so their goes another OT.

Parnell filled in well for Free the last part of the season. You can say anyone would look good playing for the Cowboy OL, but all
    It takes is one person to screw up and the whole line looks bad. The cowboy OL was dominant the last half of the season and Parnell was a part of it.

Is he a stud??? No but he is better than what we currently have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar