Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by royhobbs, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

What guys have been rumored to be visiting? Who should we bring in?

Bentley - My #1 UFA, young, Pro Bowler, but looks like he's an Eagle at $6 million per year. Too bad, would have been a huge upgrade for the running game.
    Hutchinson - to replace Piller. Another upgrade to the running game. No matter who our QB is, to play Fisher-ball and win some games, we need to run the ball...ala the Steelers.
    Witherspoon - He's only 25 and would replace Sirmon opposite Bulluck. Nice bookends!
    Arrington - Too much $$$$$, but could make plays like Jevon used to.
    A. Bryant - An less expensive chance to get a #1 WR....not a sure thing though.

Re-sign Tank. He's still young and knows our system. There are not any better safety options out there IMO. If he bolts, then we should just wait till the draft....then there is also V. Fuller.

I think we have a chance at Witherspoon and/or Bryant...there others are pipe dreams.

2. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

im good wit the resing tank, 'SPOON and bryant

3. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I was just on NFL.com and ESPN.com and neither reported one visit to the Titans.....not even the Thornton visit. Did Floyd take today off?

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Maybe they're just being secretive.

5. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

ESPN gets that info from the agents, not the teams. The agents have no reason to be secretive.

6. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Saturday, March 11, 2006
    Vikings sign kicker Longwell, linebacker Leber - AP (8:24 PM ET)
    Jaguars sign cornerback Brian Williams - AP (8:24 PM ET)
    Bills sign DE Tripplett; TE Royal - AP (7:57 PM ET)
    Dolphins in the mix for Brees, Culpepper - AP (7:56 PM ET)
    Dolphins in the mix for Brees, Culpepper - AP (7:49 PM ET)
    Vikings sign kicker Longwell - AP (7:37 PM ET)
    Niners trade disgruntled WR Lloyd to Redskins for draft picks - AP (7:34 PM ET)
    Bills sign TE Royal - AP (7:29 PM ET)
    Browns buy a Bentley, sign Jurevicius and Shaffer - AP (7:29 PM ET)
    Rams sign free agent safety Corey Chavous - AP (7:17 PM ET)
    Foster agrees to 3-year deal with Panthers - AP (6:47 PM ET)
    Niners re-sign K Nedney - AP (5:49 PM ET)
    Warren agrees to six-year deal with Broncos - AP (5:43 PM ET)
    Arizona Cardinals sign Clancy to four-year deal - AP (4:55 PM ET)
    Packers sign DE Kampman to multi-year extension - AP (3:53 PM ET)
    Carroll pleads innocent to slapping police officer - AP (12:12 PM ET)
    Chargers to bring in McCree for a visit - AP (11:45 AM ET)

No Titans news..............no visits, no signings, no nothing!

7. So what?

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Exactly.

This is one of the worst FA talent pools I can remember. I'm glad the Titans haven't thrown any money at any players yet (Witherspoon not withstanding).

9. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I agree that this FA class sucks, that's why we should be out there on the first day, to get the few good ones (Bentley & Witherspoon come to mind), not the other scrubs. I want a sign that the FO wants to win more than 5-6 games next year.

News Flash: We're not getting Witherspoon either or else he'd be here and not Thornton.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Witherspoon hasnt signed anywhere so he could still visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar