Free Agent WR's for 2008

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FLTitansfan, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think Avvie's point is that as the #23 ranked WR's by yards this year, you'd use that to say he's the #23 ranked WR. That's just your type of statistician type obsession.

A 2nd round pick? Somehow I think SS is worth more than ~55th pick in the draft.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That's going to be the problem with getting some of these vet WR's....the prima donna attitude. At least drafting a WR comes with more humility....then they develop the bad tude and you let them go in FA :lol:

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Javon would definately be an improvement. But he hasnt been happy with any team he has played for. Do you think he'd be happy playing for the Titans, a team with a QB that is still developing?

4. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Maybe he would be happy playing for a playoff team, although I think we can do better (although he would be an upgrade).

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Would HE be happy? The question should be would the TITANS be happy with an aging, oft injured, over-paid, b*tchy wideout? Probably not. I was just throwing his name into the discussion of wideouts available (rather than suggesting him as a great candidate).

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't want a guy who refers to himself in the third person.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Does look a bit too arrogant. And of course he was already taking the role of selfish WR before he became a Donkey.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Don't know why Chad Johnson & Housh keep coming up here. 85 is signed thru 2012 and TJ is signed thru next season and there's no chance they'll be trading him before then.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Somethings I've been considering the past few days: 1) It would be great to get Dallas Clark away from Indy. I don't know if he'd have the same kind of impact here as there, but it would make signing a guy like Berrian, Hackett or Johnson a little easier to handle. 2) It's going to take the Colts a lot of money to sign re-sign Clark, especially since they just re-did Sanders, and the Colts don't especially have a lot of cap money to spend. 3) Reggie Wayne gets $3.5M next year, whereas Marvin Harrison will earn $7.6M. I've been wondering just how bad would the Colts miss Harrison? Not too badly from the look of things this year. Could be close to the time they try to renegotiate his deal or look to part ways.

I would strongly consider Marvin Harrison if the Colts let him go, and I can see it getting close with Clark coming up. I'd love to add either one of those guys. Then add one of those 2nd tier WR FAs, and a FA guard, and I would think the O would be very close....

10. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

We REALLY need a TE like Clark. He should be one of our top targets. I wouldn't be upset with Harrison either, except he'd suffer a career ending injury walking into L.P. field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar