Free Agent WR's for 2008

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FLTitansfan, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'd be all about getting Steve Smith.

Rolltide might object though....his stats are low this year, so you can clearly see by reading them that he sucks and has no talent.

2. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I will not be satisfied with getting Berrian or Stallworth--we need a true number one, not a good number two receiver.

Look at the difference a stud receiver can make on an offense. A couple of examples: Look at Brady now that he has Moss--Culpepper was an All Pro with Moss, but has been mediocre without. Look at the difference TO made on McNabb. With a top tiered receiver, this team is probably 2-3 games better.

I for one would be fine giving up our number 1 pick for someone like Chad or Roy, but will be disappointed if we overpay for a good number 2 receiver and neglect getting a stud.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Avvie, 87 catches and a thousand yards is a bad year? Maybe you need to get some facts on hand before trying to be a smartass.

Smith would be a nice addition to our team. He's not one of the absolutely elite WRs out there but he is a darn good one. He is also still just 28 years old even though it seems he has been around forever.

I would give up a 2nd rd pick for him..

His contract runs through 2012 so we wouldn't have to worry about losing him..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

SHSU, tell me who are these true #1 Wrs you are talking about?

5. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I'd love to have Steve Smith. I'd trade a first round for him if we were going wr in the first.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We need a big physical WR who can catch sort of like the size of Justin Gage so I would like Roy Williams Chad Jonson, or Larry Fitzgerald. If I had to choose one I would choose Fitzgerals.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

And how would we obtain one of those guys? They play for other teams.

8. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

A true #1 qould be someone like Boldin, Fitzgerald, R. Williams, St Smith--and those are #1s rumored to be available.

Last night's game would have been a lot easier with a number 1 guy. Gage has played well, but any of the abovementioned guys would have made the long catch in the endzone that Gage let up on.

I want a guy who can make plays even when double covered. Imagine what Vince's numbers would be with a guy like Moss where he could just throw up jump balls for TD's.

9. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

As for how we get those guys, since they are under contract--all have been rumored to be available, and I for one would be fine giving up a first round pick for a known commodity. Any of those guys would be more of an upgrade than we could get with a draft pick, and we have the money available to afford them.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar