Free Agent Wishlist

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Here's my "doable" FA wishlist
    NFL Franchise Tag: Who Was Tagged and Who's the Best Available? Photos

RB - Matt Forte
    LG - Kelechi Osemele (proven OG/OT)
    C - Wisniewski (best Center in FA and we need him)
    RT - Shwartz or Okung

These acquisitions would do exactly what Delanie Walker was talking about....stop getting younger on the OL, but get some veteran help. Should give us one of the best OL's in the league, finally. Let Poutasi continue to develop as a key swing man between OG and OT. Bell is a FA. We will need to draft a gem or two in the later rds to try and develop OL depth. I think Tennessee's 5thyr senior, Kerbyson is such a guy. Turned out to be a really solid SEC caliber LT for the Vols last year. Like Poutasi, he could be a swing man as OT and OG depth. Would be a steal as a 5th or 6th Rd pick.

S - Walter Thurmond, Reggie Nelson or Gipson (anyone of those)
    CB - Jenoris Jenkins, Sean Smith and/or Casey Hayward (need 2 CB's)
    ILB - Rolando McClain

Getting a quality veteran RT would allow us to go ahead and take Bosa at No.1 if we cannot find a trading partner for the pick...and perhaps DT Billings at No.33. Those two additions would make this DL pretty fearsome. We are supposed to have nearly 50mill in cap space and when you are one of the worst teams in the league, you should spend nearly every penny you can to improve your roster.

What doe your FA wishlist look like?

#1 TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Schwartz
    Chris Ivory
    Wisniewski

Gipson
    Janoris if he's less than 7/per
    Tulloch or Laurinaitis

3. rekirts

rekirts Starter

janoris has already rejected more than 7/per.

gipson, harrison, martin/miller, trevathon/mcclain, ben jones, OSEMELE/igcognito are the top guys. I'd be ecstatic with two of them.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why the f*** would you want Janoris Jenkins? He is the definition of a guy who will get a massive paycheck and not be worth it.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Defense

Defense

Defense

oh and Forte

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Who do you want to draft #1? I want D too. I don't see Bosa as a fit here, so who would you take a shot at?

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

move down

if a pick must be made I think its a no brainer to get the LT and move TL to RT

8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I get the thought, but can it disparage a player enough to cause a problem in a year or two. In that case, we are still in the same boat taking on water. Addressing RT in FA is a possibility as well. I can't wait to see what we do. I am firmly on Defense though, as you are too. I hate this time of year. Our FA acquisitions will give this fan base much needed info. La Vagician is gone, which is a small indicator, albeit not a solid one. It is one that I personally celebrate though.

#8 Hormesis, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I stopped giving a crap about what the players want a long time ago

right about the time they made it clear they played for $s not Ws

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

DeForest Buckner might be the guy if not Bosa. He's as versatile as Jalen Ramsey, but at a different position group. Bosa is a fit, all day. You don't have Watt trying to drop into coverage and there's no reason to expect that out of Bosa. He defends the run as well as he rushes the passer and that is VERY hard to find.

His game is the same as Watt's. High motor, outstanding technique to shed blocks...even double teams, and overall football savvy. Bosa ain't a track athlete. He is a football player, period. I don't care that Bosa didn't run a 4.5 or 4.6. He ran faster than Watt did and that is all I need to know. They will use him exactly how the Texans use Watt.

Can you imagine, on passing downs having Orakpo, Morgan AND Bosa (playing the same role Klug plays in that situation)? How comfortable would you feel if you are Andrew Luck or Blake Bortles seeing those 3 guys coming at you on a critical 3rd and long?

#10 TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    • Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar