Free Agent targets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I see what you're saying but you don't want a guy like Peterson on the other side of Bulluck. That would just make this defense softer and Schwartz would have a field day with this. You need a meathead who just wants to blast people(more Witherspoon than Peterson). I understand the whole speed reference, but you sacrifice attitude for speed which in my opinion, is something we can't do, we need MORE attitude. I'm not saying we take a slowpoke, but we need a complimental player to Bulluck, not a carbon copy.
  2. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

I'd rather Thornton then June.

Are all 3 starting LB for the Colts free agents? Brackett and June are.
  3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Do we even have the money to truly go after some of these big name people? Starkiller....?
  4. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

We will have money to spend. I'm working on my offseason plan, and that will show roughly how much we'll have to spend come March 3 (at least if I was calling the shots).

$15M in free cap space seems like a good round figure if you don't count in keeping our own free agents (i.e. KVB). And that's even having already accounted for the likely rookie cap projection.
  5. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

As Elf already answered, he'll be a free agent.

Basically, a 4 year NFL veteran who is released (or whose contract expires) becomes an unrestricted free agent. Anyone with less than 4 year of experience has to clear waivers first (or becomes a RFA if their contract just runs out).
  6. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

There is no doubt that he could play all positions just as Keith could play all those positions but could you find someone cheaper to play those positions better? I think you can. In a 4-3 system he is a weakside LB.
  7. TM

TM Starter

8. coleman51

coleman51 Guest

Do we really have the cap room to go out and shop this offseason? I realize we will be releasing and restructuring some contracts, but our projected cap space is 10mil over. I don't have a source off the top of my head, but I'll look around for it again.
  9. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Yes... Brackett/June Restricted and Thornton Unrestricted. I'd love to have Thornton.
  10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Coleman, starkiller is our resident cap expert, see his figures above...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.